Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 3 local SEO tips that deliver business results
Feb 8, 2017 by Ryan Shelley
Looking to optimize your business website for local search, but not sure where to start? Columnist Ryan Shelley provides some tips for beginners.
- Why is marketing so dang hard?
Feb 8, 2017 by Scott Vaughan
As marketing grows ever more complex, columnist Scott Vaughan has some practical tips for marketers on how to simplify your efforts so that you can better focus on the outcomes that matter.
- Pinterest’s Lens app turns your phone’s camera into a search bar
Feb 8, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Pinterest’s version of Google’s Goggles will roll out to iPhone and Android users in the US sometime soon.
- National Retail Federation predicts online sales will grow 8% to 12% in 2017
Feb 8, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
The NRF’s chief economist says online sales will continue to increase this year, driving retail industry growth.
- NewsWhip opens up its history to show the social lives of stories
Feb 8, 2017 by Barry Levine
The company says it differs from other social content trackers because it looks at engagement from the perspective of the originating publishers’ sites.
- mParticle announces single SDK for OTT streaming TV apps on Roku
Feb 8, 2017 by Barry Levine
The release allows a single API from Roku apps to connect user and activity data to more than 100 advertising, marketing and analytics tools.
- Devices don’t buy products; people do
Feb 8, 2017 by Asa Whillock
As the number of gadgets in each household proliferates, contributor Asa Whillock discusses the benefits of marketing to people rather than devices.
- Pop the personalization filter bubbles and preserve online diversity
Feb 8, 2017 by Chris Glushko
The rise of long tail media, filter bubbles, and fake news are closely intertwined. Advertisers and consumers need to take responsibility for the media they support, says columnist and IAB VP of Marketing Chris Glushko.
- Data: Store closings generate new shopping patterns, especially among Millennials
Feb 8, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Future of retail involves fewer stores, which become “product playgrounds.”
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- 4 Advanced Automation Tools To Streamline Your Social Media Without Sacrificing Your Voice, Social Media Explorer
- AI-Fueled Storytelling Takes Customer Experience to the Next Level, CMS Wire
- At Xerox, the Marketing Technology Stack Leaves Center Stage, eMarketer
- Building Blocks: Rob Israch, CMO at Tipalti Talks Marketing Tech, MarTech Advisor
- Introducing AI to Marketing in 5 Steps, AdAge
- Marketing Automation Team Roles, Structure, and Costs, MarketingProfs
- Marketing Tech Shift: It’s Data, not Platforms, eMarketer
- The Technology Part to Your Content Marketing Plan, Razor Social
- 5 Tips for Small Businesses to Elevate Their Brand Using Instagram, MarTech Advisor
- 7 Fresh Ways SMBs Are Using Social Media for Marketing, Street Fight
- Empowering People to Help One Another Within Safety Check, Facebook Newsroom
- Facebook is expanding Safety Check so people can offer help during a disaster, Recode
- Facebook Lite hits 200M users as low-bandwidth world revenue skyrockets, TechCrunch
- Get The Most Value From Facebook Interest Targeting, Luna Metrics
- How To Create A Killer Facebook Ad, 97th Floor
- How to Slam Dunk Social Media Into Marketing Events, Adweek
- Improving Enforcement and Promoting Diversity: Updates to Ads Policies and Tools, Facebook Newsroom
- Instagram Marketing Tips: 9 Incredibly Powerful, Time-Saving Tips for Instagram, Buffer Blog
- Three Ways Facebook Has Jumped the Shark for Marketers, AdAge
- Twitter’s Promise to Silence Trolls Is A Relief For Brands, AdAge
- What I Fell In Love With: Facebook Saved Audiences, Clix Marketing PPC Blog
- What Most Companies Get Wrong With Paid Facebook Ads, Search Engine Journal
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues
For more SEO, PPC & online marketing news visit https://news.scott.services