Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Emarsys: Verizon’s exit from email services prompts strategic opportunity by marketers
Mar 20, 2017 by Barry Levine
The marketing cloud’s CMO suggests ways to counter the dwindling of email diversity.
- A proven method for building a strong PPC account team
Mar 20, 2017 by Jeff Baum
What’s the ideal structure for a team managing a PPC account? Columnist Jeff Baum shares the benefits and potential pitfalls of his agency’s “team of teams” approach to account management.
- Three foolproof steps to excellent AdWords ads
Mar 20, 2017 by Matt Lawson
With billions of paid search ads delivered each day, it’s imperative to create appealing ad creative customized for the user and context. Luckily, AdWords is designed for just this purpose. Columnist and Googler Matt Lawson explains the simple steps to search creative excellence.
- Advice for AMP-curious publishers
Mar 20, 2017 by Barb Palser
Columnist Barb Palser offers a framework to help publishers assess the potential benefits of Accelerated Mobile Pages.
- Report: Bad bots are swarming virtually every website and login page
Mar 20, 2017 by Barry Levine
The good news: They’re not evolving very fast, and new user IDs like biometrics may eventually challenge their growth.
- eBay to offer 3-day shipping for 20M items in new Guaranteed Delivery policy
Mar 20, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
With the rollout of Guaranteed Delivery this summer, eBay buyers will be able to filter results that include 1-day and 2-day delivery terms.
- A digital marketing CEO’s prescription to cure advertising fraud
Mar 20, 2017 by James Green
As the threat of ad fraud continues to loom over digital marketers, columnist James Green lays out the ingredients we need to promote transparency and drive the industry forward.
- Is your marketing career progressing as it should be?
Mar 20, 2017 by Matt Umbro
The ideal digital marketing career path is still pretty undefined, given that the industry is quite young. Columnist Matt Umbro takes a stab at laying out a successful trajectory — from first entering the industry to becoming a team leader.
- Google is making a big change to exact match keyword targeting in AdWords
Mar 20, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Ads may trigger when searchers use different word order and function words as Google broadens its definition of close variants.
- How to Use Network Data to Turn Bad Inputs into Gold
Mar 17, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
If you think network data means gathering business cards at lunch, you’re in for a surprise. Today’s network data comes from data owners sharing their information to give everyone access to better data than any brand can assemble on its own.
- ANA calls for independent audits of ads in the ‘walled gardens’
Mar 17, 2017 by Barry Levine
The advertising association asks that Amazon, LinkedIn, Twitter and others join Facebook and Google’s YouTube in this new transparency.
- Google, Facebook to face large fines in Europe unless they change policies
Mar 17, 2017 by Greg Sterling
On consumer privacy, the EU and US appear to be headed in opposite directions.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- Facebook, Twitter, and Google must remove scams or risk legal action, says EU, The Verge
- Apple’s Next Big Thing: Augmented Reality, Bloomberg
- Facebook’s Building 8 working on camera, augmented reality, mind reading projects, Business Insider
- Two Executives to Leave Uber, Adding to Departures, New York Times
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Charts That Prove Viewability and Audibility Together Are Key to Video Ad Effectiveness, Think with Google
- 7 Best Uses of Virtual Reality in Marketing, MarTech Advisor
- Can brands tell a story in six seconds? YouTube hopes so, Econsultancy
- Facebook Live Case Study: JCPenny, Saks, & Best Fiends, MediaKix
- Facebook Tests Video Insights for Profiles, Social Media Examiner
- How Brands Demanding Safety Could Put Chill Into YouTube, AdAge
- How TechCrunch Approaches Video Marketing & Trends to Watch for in Video, The Buffer Blog
- What Livestreaming Tools Are Best for Your Business?, Small Biz Trends
- You can now save your Instagram Live streams to your camera roll, TechCrunch
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues
For more SEO, PPC & online marketing news visit https://news.scott.services