Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google September 2019 Core Update Impact Now Being Noticed
It took some time, but now the SEO community is noticing the impact of the Google September 2019 core update. Yesterday morning most weren’t seeing any significant impact but later on in that day, people began noticing the search results shaking up. Note, this began rolling out on Tuesday afternoon and it should take a few days to fully roll out.
- Google 21st Birthday On September 27th – Here Is The Doodle
Tomorrow is Google’s 21st birthday and Google has already released its very own birthday Doodle to celebrate. The Doodle depicts a desktop computer from 1998 and the old Google home page and old Google logo. There is some confusion as to when Google celebrates its birthday but over the years it has stuck to the 27th of September.
- Redesigned Google Call Only Ads Layout
Google has redesigned the layout for the Google call only ads. Now your business name and headline will show directly below your phone number, along with a larger phone icon. Google said this is “to make it more clear to users what you offer and make the call-to-action more prominent.”
- Google: The Crawl Rate Setting Takes A Day To Kick In
In 2008 Google added a feature to Google Webmaster Tools (as it was known back then, now known as Google Search Console) to let you set your crawl rate. Google does this automatically based on what your server can handle but you can override it. If you do the override, it can take up to a day for Google to switch to that new setting.
- Google My Business Verification Status Checker
Via Tim Capper, you can now check to see if your business is verified with Google My Business. To do so, go to this URL, make sure your email is associated with the Google My Business and go through the steps.
- Google: Embedded & Hotlinked Images Do Not Count As Links
Google’s John Mueller said that if someone takes your image and embeds it on their site using your image URL as the source, also known as hotlinking images, that image would not be considered a link to your web site.
- Google Feather G Logo
Here is a photo from Google’s Instagram account with the G logo made up of different colored feathers. It looks so soft and fluffy, doesn’t it? This was posted on Instagram with the comment
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Use text if you want something recognized as text. Don’t assume magic will happen., John Mueller on Twitter
- Google Explains Why it Won’t Pay For News, WebmasterWorld
- It’s possible/okay to markup summary pages for other types that aren’t listed in documentation (like Product). Keep in mind that carousels only supports Recipe,, Lizzi Harvey on Twitter
- I suspect it’s because people hire writers to write a certain number of words — so “how many words” ends up being a question they have to figure out. They’re just trying to do good work, so I don’t mind answe, John Mueller on Twitter
- Well, we already crawl & index pages that have links with a variety of rel-attributes on them, so I’m sure rel=begging would just work. That said, what are the semantics?, John Mueller on Twitter
- Wrong Breadcrumb validation, Google Webmaster Help
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: email@example.com (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services