Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Lets You Pin Live Scores To Search Results
Google now lets you pin the live scores to the search results. When a Rugby game is going on, you can click on the “pin live score” button and then drag that overlay anywhere you want on the Google search results screen.
- Google: Dates In URLs Are Fine
John Mueller and the Google webmaster account (probably also John Mueller) said that having the date in your URL is fine. In fact, many publishers do just that because having a unique ID in the URL use to be a requirement for Google News.
- Google Sends Mass Fix Breadcrumbs Markup Warnings
Last week, when Google added the breadcrumb report to the Google Search Console enhancements section, Google also sent out email notices to those with issues. The subject of the email read Fix Breadcrumbs markup for domain.com.
- Fall Season Google Doodle & Bing Home Page
Today is the first day of Fall in the Northern Hemisphere and the first day of Spring in the Southern Hemisphere. So if you live near me, you see the Fall Google logo, if you live lower down, you see the Spring Google logo.
- Google Search Console Performance Report Data Now Less Than A Day Old
Google announced this morning that Performance Reports within Google Search Console is now going to have fresher data. Specifically it is going from a few days of lag, i.e. seeing Monday data as early as Wednesday or Thursday, to less than a data, i.e. seeing Monday data possibly several hours later.
- Google Wooden Most Innovative Award
Here is a photo from Google’s office of a wooden box that has engraved into it “most innovative award.” I guess this is a good way to go green with awards? I am not sure.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google Translator Toolkit to be shut down on December 4, 2019 @rustybrick https://t.co/6VeiNpvHXa, Sunny on Twitter
- Interesting.. Avvo submits DMCA complaints against Birdeye to stop Google from indexing Birdeye pages with Avvo reviews on them. https://t.co/27Aed7rRGX https://t.co/t0vIgKCfH4, Dan Foland on Twitter
- Links from IP addresses are absolutely fine. Most of the time, it means the server wasn’t set up well (we canonicalized to the IP address rather than the hostname, easy to fix with redirects & rel=cano, John Mueller on Twitter
- We render pretty much everything that we index, so if you submit it for indexing, we’ll likely render it too. Also, these don’t change anything for crawl budget (and most sites don’t need to worry about crawl b, John Mueller on Twitter
- Using CDNs for images is fine, even if it’s not from your domain. Using your domain makes it easier to switch providers though. #AskGoogleWebmasters, Google Webmasters on Twitter
- We don’t crawl all sites with the same rate, so that can happen. Keep working on your site, make sure it’s using good & fast hosting, and over time things will get better 🙂, John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: firstname.lastname@example.org (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services