Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Tests 3.5 Listings In The Top Stories Carousel
Google is testing showing 3 and a half stories in the top stories carousel in search. We’ve seen tons of top stories user interfaces over the years and I believe I’ve seen this as well, but I can’t find if I covered it before. So here it is.
- Google Starmageddon vs Sept. 2019 Review Rich Results Update
The SEO community is thinking up names for the Google Reviews rich results algorithm update and what seems to be catching on is Starmageddon. But Danny Sullivan from Google chimed in and said Google internally calls this the “Sept. 2019 Review Rich Results Update.”
- Google: The Reviews Rich Results Algorithm Still Rolling Out
Danny Sullivan from Google said yesterday that the new algorithm to be more restrictive on when to show reviews rich results in the search results is still rolling out. He said if you see reviews showing up in the snippets that don’t comply, they should go away soon.
- Google Search Ad With An Emoji In The Display URL
Yesterday I covered how Google was showing emojis in the auto-complete search suggestions. Now, Google is also showing emojis in the display URLs of some Google Ads in the search results.
- Crown Princess Victoria Of Sweden Was At Google Sweden
Several months ago, the Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, Victoria Ingrid Alice Désirée, stopped by the Google Sweden office. This was back in March but I forgot to include it in the Search In Pics s
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Search — the team that makes our non-ads listings — will make decisions based on what we think makes sense for people who interact with those listings., Danny Sullivan on Twitter
- Today, we’re introducing a way to mark important video segments by nesting Clip properties in a VideoObject. Let us know if you want to participate in the Early Adopters Program: https://t.co/dodCxZLzWg Learn more about the, Google Webmasters on Twitter
- After receiving your feedback, we updated the blog post with some clarifications and answers to frequently asked questions: https://t.co/NwZ4unzoOF https://t.co/TkQP2lr3jk, Google Webmasters on Twitter
- Folks in Boston, MA area! I’ll be in town next week for the International Search Summit! If you wanna ask me weird questions and you can’t go to iss, come and have breakfast with me at 10am on Friday, 27th, at Ogawa, Gary Illyes on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: email@example.com (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services