Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Vlog #16: Dr. Pete Meyers Of Moz On Mozcast & Google Algorithm Changes
In episode #16 of the vlog series at the Search Engine Roundtable I interviewed Dr. Pete Meyers (aka Dr. Pete) (@dr_pete) of Moz. Dr. Pete and I share a similar passion – the passion is a weird one – we love to track how Google changes its search results…
Google’s John Mueller said in an #AskGoogleWebmasters video that now that “you no longer need to do anything special for hashbang URLs,” if you still have those old URLs for the old AJAX crawling scheme, you should redirect those URLs.
- New Report Offensive Images In Google Web Search Results
I think this is new, a new way to report images as being offensive or having issues in Google’s main web search results. Sunny sent this to me on Twitter and I think it is new, but basically there is a “report images” button that when you click it, it lets you report specific images to Google.
- Weird: Google Auto-Complete Suggestions Showing Emojis
Go to Google.com and just type into the search box “what” and you will see Google suggest the search phrase what does the antsð¡ð mean. This is no joke, here is a screen shot I took of it myself.
- Data Shows A 4-5 Point Drop In Review Rich Results In Google
Google just announced this week a new algorithmic update to not show review markup, review rich results, in the Google search results for specific cases. You can learn more about those new rules over here. And it looks like Google is acting on it. According to Moz and RankRanger’s tools there is a 4 to 5 point drop in the rate these review rich results show up in Google search.
- Google Launches Video Key Moments For YouTube Videos In Search
The other day we reported that we spotted Google testing a cool feature in search that shows you a timeline that shows you what is in a video. Well, Google announced this as video key moments and it works for English videos posted to YouTube and Google will expand it to other providers soon.
- Googlers Painting
Here is a photo of a bunch of Googlers showing off their artistic skills by painting a lighthouse. I wonder if they picked a lighthouse because of Google Lighthouse. Well, I hope they did but I doubt
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- No effect on rankings, but if the structured data isn’t valid, we wouldn’t be able to show it in search., John Mueller on Twitter
- Rankings can always change, I just wouldn’t assume that it’s a matter of CTR. If you get a higher CTR, that’s pretty awesome regardless of the ranking anyway!, John Mueller on Twitter
- Well, that sucks – at least it’s clear the noindex isn’t a hint :). I’d do manual submissions for the most critical URLs (max clicks from search) + use a sitemap with lastmod set (with all indexable URLs includ, John Mueller on Twitter
- Asking for the advice about where to learn SEO online, WebmasterWorld
- From hobby websites to making money, WebmasterWorld
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: firstname.lastname@example.org (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services