Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google: Our Systems Cannot Determine Accuracy Of Content
Danny Sullivan from Google said on Twitter “Machines can’t tell the “accuracy” of content. Our systems rely instead on signals we find align with relevancy of topic and authority.” So Google cannot determine the accuracy of content, I guess.
- Old Google Search Console Is No Longer Available
Google after two years of launching the beta version of the new Google Search Console and opening that beta up a year ago, Google has finally removed access to the old Google Search Console. There are still ways to get to some of the legacy reports but you can no longer access the main old dashboard anymore.
- Google Discover Feed Now Showing Restaurants
Recently, I guess the past couple of weeks or so, the Google Discover feed started showing restaurants you might be interested in. This is obviously important if you help local restaurants with their Google My Business listings.
- Google Shows Way Too Many ✅ White Heavy Check Marks
If you do a search for [cars on ebay] you may see the Google search results polluted with those green white heavy check marks unicode. It is actually pretty annoying to even look at. Gabs shared this screen shot on Twitter, but what I see is not that bad.
- Bing Tests Scrollable Tabs Search Result Snippets
Bing seems to be testing a new design and layout for the search results snippets. The new layout looks like a carousel of tabs that you can horizontally scroll through when looking at a specific search result. Here is a screen shot from @Philcomputing.
- The Google Search Console Team
Here is a photo of most, if not all, of the folks on the Google Search Console team. I suspect this is from the Google Tel Aviv office, because I think that is where the team resides. I’ve been to th
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- If the live test is OK, you’re good to go :). Sorry for the confusion in the report there!, John Mueller on Twitter
- This is new, Google Images changed it from “animated” to “GIF” in the drop down filter – 🙂 https://t.co/2w937vh9pY, Barry Schwartz on Twitter
- 50 US States launch Google competition probe, WebmasterWorld
- NeMO Google Assistant Challenge: call for ideas organized by @CentroNemo Clinical Center with the support of Google Italy to bring the power of Google Assistant to those who need it the most. https://t.co/zALgMikWiC via @YouTub, Zineb Ait on Twitter
- You can use Google Tag Manager to add structured data, but it’s always best to implement it directly on the page itself. It’s faster to be seen, more stable, and easier to test with your own tools., John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: firstname.lastname@example.org (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services