Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Search Algorithm Ranking Update Again On October 8th & 9th?
I know, Google updates every day, but I promise, I try to limit my coverage of these Google search ranking updates to those that drive a lot of chatter within the community and show additional signs of evidence around a ranking update. And today I am seeing signs again of a Google update, which makes the past several weeks jammed pack with algorithm tweaks and updates.
- Google My Business Has A Manual Review Bug
If you have any locations in Google My Business that requires manual reviews, it may result in a bug that leads you to a 404 page not found page. I am told Google is aware of the issue and working on a fix. For now, you may need to speak to someone at Google to get the listing verified.
- Google+ Is Shutting Down: How Will It Impact SEOs?
As you probably heard by now, Google+ is shutting down. The reason is over lack of us and a data exposure through their API, which sounds similar to the Facebook issue. The big question in our community is how will it impact SEO and SEOs?
- Google: Word Count, Link Count, Anchor Text Ratios Are Not Indicative Of Quality
Google’s John Mueller responded on Twitter saying that word counts, anchor texts to word rations, number of backlinks, number of external links, the percentage of anchor text and so on is not “indicative of quality.” Here is the tweet and John’s response.
- Google Tests Expandable Sitelinks In Search Results
Google is testing a new format for Sitelinks in the search results. These sitelinks are not just links that take you to a specific web page, but when clicked on, they expand and show you a snippet of content from the page it is linking to.
- Google Bathroom Google+ Wall Art
Google is a fancy pants company and their bathrooms can be fancy pants as well. Here is a picture of one of the bathroom walls in the Google Germany office. The funny part, this was just posted on In
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
- Rewriting the Beginner’s Guide to SEO, Chapter 5: Technical Optimization, Moz
- An SEO’s guide to XPath, Builtvisible
- Complete Guide to Featured Snippets, Stone Temple
- Google Webmaster Hangout Notes: October 5th 2018, DeepCrawl
- Site Speed Matters: It’s Fast, or Not At All, Conductor
- The SEO Cyborg: How to Resonate with Users & Make Sense to Search Bots, Moz
- The SEO Problem You Wouldn’t Expect: You May Be Over-Optimizing Your eCommerce Site, Go Inflow
- Yoast SEO 8.4: Helping you optimize taxonomies, Yoast
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: email@example.com (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services