Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Possible Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update On October 3rd
I am seeing some early signs of a possible Google search ranking algorithm update kicking off today, October 3, 2019. There is some early chatter in the SEO forums, including WebmasterWorld and some on social media. Some of the tools are showing some fluctuations as well today, where some others have not updated yet.
- Google: No Plans To Penalize Sites Without Mailing Addresses
Google’s John Mueller caused a bit of a panic yesterday when he started questioning why so many SEO and digital marketing agency web sites do not list the physical address of the business. He had to clarify later that this was just a personal question and “this is not related to any search change on our side,” he added.
- Google Migrates Change Of Address Tool To New Google Search Console
A sigh of relief swept through the SEO community yesterday (sounds like something I’d read in a book) when Google announced the change of address tool is now part of the settings section of the new Google Search Console.
- Google To Rename GoogleBot With Dynamic User Agent
Google announced it is changing the user agent name of the current GoogleBot in December. We knew this was coming when Google launched the new Evergreen GoogleBot. Google didn’t change the user agent from Chrome 41 to what it was really running to not cause issues for some who hard coded scripts for user agent detection.
- Google Search Console Link Counts Drops – Cut In Half
A WebmasterWorld thread has some complaints that the number of external links reported in Google Search Console’s link report is down by about 50%. Like Google cut out about half of the links they were originally reporting. So I checked some older screen shots and I see the same for this site.
- Google Results Page In Crayon Moved To Visitor Center
Danny Sullivan from Google posted a photo of the old Google results page, where in the early days of Google, Googlers would draw in crayon how well the company is doing. It would show searches per da
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Microsoft Announces Surface Duo Phone Running Android OS, WebmasterWorld
- User Privacy For Google Maps, Google Assitant, YouTube, WebmasterWorld
- Client Closed Business, now re-opening with same name, Local Search Forum
- I think you’re asking, whether you should place more links on the same domain, or whether you should get natural links, right? I’d generally opt to letting links come naturally, often you can’t really influence t, John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: firstname.lastname@example.org (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services