Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google BERT Update Impacts 10% Queries & Has Been Rolling Out All Week
This morning Google announced that starting earlier this week, throughout the week, Google has been pushing out what it calls “biggest leap forward in the past five years, and one of the biggest leaps forward in the history of search.” That is the BERT algorithm update, which is Google’s way at better understanding one out of ten queries, in a way humans understand them.
- Search Buzz Video Recap: Google BERT & Algorithm Change, Recipe Rich Results & Microsoft Advertising Redesign
This week, well – this morning – Google announced the biggest change and improvement the company made to search in five-years, they said. It is called BERT and impacts 10% of all queries…
- Google Knowledge Panel Has A Countdown Widget
Did you know that the Google knowledge panel can show a countdown widget? Valentin Pletzer showed me a screen shot yesterday of Google counting down to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare release date. Instead of it showing the date, which is October 15, 2019 (today), it showed the hours and minutes counting down.
- Google Corporate Contact Markup For Knowledge Panels Deprecated
Google has officially deprecated the corporate contact markup for knowledge panels. Lizzi Harvey from Google posted about it on Twitter, she said “Corporate Contact markup for Google knowledge panels is deprecated. If you’re verified as an official rep of a Google knowledge panel, you can suggest a change directly.”
- Google My Business Tests Auto Replies For Reviews
Google My Business seems to be testing a new feature to help business owners respond to reviews left by customers in Google Maps. Cordell Crowley posted this GIF of it in action in the Local Search Forums, where Google is auto-suggesting replies for reviews left on your business.
- Google Beekeepers
Here is a photo / video Google shared on Instagram of some project Google is partnering up on to help save bees. These may be Google beekeepers working on this project. There are more details on thi
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- How Does Google Identify Thin Pages, WebmasterWorld
- Microsoft Q1 2020 Revenue Up 14pct to $33.1 Billion, WebmasterWorld
- Sometimes PDFs are a great way to help users with a specific question / problem they’re facing. There’s no inherent advantage or disadvantage, they’re just different (kinda like vid, John Mueller on Twitter
- Twitter 2019 Q3 Revenues 9pct Growth at $824 million, WebmasterWorld
- If you change the site structure significantly, that can affect search. That’s expected (and that’s what you’d want to have happen when you significantly improve the site structure too). Also, changing a C, John Mueller on Twitter
- We’ve been looking into this. We are not injecting cookies via clicks on search. As best we can tell, some reporting tools (including the one you used) will get our *first-party* cookies but show th, Danny Sullivan on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: email@example.com (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services