Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update Signals On Wednesday
Over the past 24-hours or so, maybe piggy backing off the weekend update or maybe a tremor to a previous core update or maybe both, Google seems to be doing another ranking and algorithm update. The chatter is not massive but there are 100% folks noticing an update.
- Google My Business Listings Drops Email Tooltip Feature – Bug or Feature?
When you saw a review from a “Google User” in your Google My Business listings, a local review from a user who has not set up a real Google account, you were able to hover your cursor over that name and it would show you an abridged version of the email address.
- Google Change Of Address Tool: Merging Is Not Moving A Site
Google’s John Mueller said merging one site into another is not the same thing as a site moving from one domain to another. You should not use the change of address tool when doing a site merge, it should only be used when moving a site fully to a new domain.
- Google Recipe Rich Results Image Disappearing For Some?
Back in July Google fixed a bug with recipe rich results but that bug may be resurfacing according to Lisa Bryan, a food blogger. She said starting around October 15th her site, and others, started to see the images of their recipes disappear from Google’s search results. Forcing a new crawl fixes the issue temporarily and then it may disappear again.
- Google’s Weird Looking French Search Results
As you know, Google had to remove the full snippets from many Google France search results pages. So Google might just show a brief title and then a URL. But the description snippet portion for many sites is gone. It looks weird and Google knows it, they’ve been testing it and communicating about it.
- Original Google Earth / Keyhole Team When They Were Acquired
Brian McClendon shared a photo last week of the original team that built Google Earth. Google acquired Keyhole 15 years ago and this is the photo they took of the team from that day. Brain said on Tw
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- A new series: Search for Beginners! Are you (or do you know someone) who is interested in learning the basics of creating an online presence? If so, then this new animated series is for YOU! Watch th, Google Webmasters on Twitter
- I think even with verification there wouldn’t be much Search Console could do, other than remove the site completely — the site-move tool requires redirects to be in place. It’s a bad sit, John Mueller on Twitter
- Well, search changes over time, the rest of the web changes over time. Not changing anything on your side doesn’t mean other parts of the “online world” don’t change., John Mueller on Twitter
- Fake News Sites and “Authority”, WebmasterWorld
- It depends — all of these are organic search features. There are different signals that let us know when we might show individual search features. You can use SD to be eligible, but it does, John Mueller on Twitter
- You need to move your hosting away from that raspberry pi first., John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: firstname.lastname@example.org (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services