Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Vlog #21: Eric Enge On Founding Stone Temple Consulting & Selling It To Perficient Digital
I went up to Eric Enge’s (@stonetemple) office in Boston to talk to the former US Search Personality of the Year, and prolific writer, author, research and speaker in our industry…
- Google Rolls Out Key Moments “In This Video” Timelines
Several weeks ago we saw Google testing “in this video” timelines, which they announced later as “key moments” in video. Well, Google may now be rolling it out for more videos than just a test group.
- Google Ads Responsive Search Ads Officially Live
After over a year of testing and being in beta, Google has announced that the responsive search ads are now available to all advertisers to try out. Responsive search ads will automatically test different combinations and learn which combinations perform best of your ad headlines and descriptions and put the best together for you, automatically.
- A Redesigned Microsoft Advertising
Microsoft announced this morning that it has redesigned the Microsoft Advertising (formerly Bing ads, formerly adCenter) interface. Microsoft said it released a “series of changes to modernize the look, feel, and functionality of our product.”
- Google: Noindex & 404s Go At Same Speed
Google’s John Mueller asked if a 404 page was noindexed, would that make it drop out of the Google index. John Mueller said no, he said “No. If we crawl and see a 404 or a noindex, it’s all the same.”
- Google: Auto-Translating Content Won’t Lead To Google Manual Action But…
Google’s John Mueller said on Twitter that if you automatically translate your content from one language to another, using automated translation services, it likely will not lead to a Google penalty or manual action. He did add that the content might not come out great after you translate it and thus not rank well.
- Google Safety Vests
It looks like some folks at the Google European offices went out to pick up trash off the street. They even spent money making these custom Google branded safety vests to do it.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Find a topic that fascinates your audience, where you’re an expert, and where there’s not that much competition, then write the absolute best article on that topic. No need to count words or keywords. Use hea, John Mueller on Twitter
- Found a pretty cool snippet today I think.. @rustybrick is this a new thing? https://t.co/h1l4FDgWSa”, Brett Levreau on Twitter
- On screen, together for the first time! In the upcoming special edition of #AskGoogleWebmasters you’ll see @johnmu and @g33konaut answer questions on a given topic. The first special edition episode is coming soon t, Google Webmasters on Twitter
- Yes, it can be hard for us when publications have more than one date on a page (look at the sidebar content). That’s why we advise against it https://t.co/NKpKIfLunB — but will pass it, Danny Sullivan on Twitter
- Chrome 78 is starting to roll out now! @petele explains the CSS Properties and Values API, updates to the service worker update cycle, and shares 2 new origin trials in the latest New in Chrome post https://t.co/o2Zgg8U, Chrome Developers on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: firstname.lastname@example.org (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services