Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- SEOs Have Doubt With Google’s Disavow Link Tool
Lily Ray posted a Twitter poll some time ago asking about Google’s disavow link tool. The responses to the question shows that SEOs have serious doubt in how effective and useful the disavow link tool…
- Wait. Google Now Monitors Social Media For Issues With Search?
There was a tweet from Gary Illyes talk at PubCon where he possibly said that Google now monitors social media to find issues with Google search. Here is that tweet paraphrasing what…
- Google Webmaster YouTube Channel: Search for Beginners
Google is adding another new series to the Google Webmaster YouTube Channel, this one is named Search for Beginners. “An animated series is coming soon, and we’re supporting multi-language learning with subtitles. Learn the basics…
- Google Ads New Affinity Audiences & Seasonal Event Segments
Google Ads launched two new features to target searchers, those new features include affinity audiences and seasonal event segments for in-market audiences…
- Blocking Google Via Whitelisting IPs Is Fine
John Mueller of Google said it is okay to whitelist specific IP addresses if you do not want GoogleBot to access that content yet. That is not a form of cloaking and not against…
- Google Oktoberfest?
I found this photo as part of photos taken at the GooglePlex, Google’s main headquarters. It seems Google may have had an Octoberfest celebration at the GooglePlex. We have two Googlers dressed…
- Programming Note: Offline For Simchat Torah
I will be offline completely for the holiday of Simchas Torah on October 21st and October 22nd, Monday and Tuesday. Any stories published here will be scheduled and written beforehand and not posted live. This is the last set…
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Yeah, tools like these are really neat, I wish we could just keep them forever! However, sometimes when infrastructure changes, it suddenly needs a ton of additional work to “keep” it working, maybe that’s what, John Mueller on Twitter
- hreflang works across URLs, regardless of where they’re hosted, so also across domains., John Mueller on Twitter
- Unless you actively built spammy links, the answer is usually no., John Mueller on Twitter
- A deeper look at Google Search Console Speed Reports https://t.co/tZt5D9KLst, Barry Schwartz on Twitter
- Seeing Hindi and English results TAB in Google search. Seems new to me. @methode @searchliaison @JohnMu @rustybrick https://t.co/XsPTTtkcux, Ajaysinghrawat on Twitter
- Major SEO Changes- How Long to Wait to Evaluate, WebmasterWorld
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
Note: This story was pre-written before the Simchat Torah holiday. I am currently offline for the holiday and unable to respond to comments on this site, social, media or other platforms.
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: firstname.lastname@example.org (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services