Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google’s Danny Sullivan: Journalists Should Link To Sources
Most people who write anything on the web complain that others who write, do not give credit where credit is due. So if you write something and I take your content without citing you or linking to you, that is not a good thing. But it happens all the time, with large and even small publications.
- Google Fixed Another Indexing Issue With Fresh Content
Yesterday at Search Engine Land I reported Google was having indexing issues. Google then ultimately confirmed the issue as “slight delays in indexing fresh content.” I reported the issue around 2:30pm yesterday, this was after hours of there being an issue and by 8:30pm Google fixed the issue.
- Google: Buying Used Domains Is Like Buying Used Cars
Google’s John Mueller had a fun analogy when it comes to buying used domains and the potential issues they may have. He said it is like buying a used car.
- Google: Structured Data Can Help Generate Actions For Google Assistant
Google posted a reminder or PSA yesterday that adding structured data can sometimes help Google automatically generate Actions for the Google Assistant. Google posted this on Twitter and said “Google can use your structured data to automatically generate Actions for the Google Assistant.”
- Google Maps Not Showing Reviews For Some Schools
There are reports from some schools that they cannot display reviews from its parent body or others on Google Maps and Google My Business. Joy Hawkins said in the Local Search Forums “Reviews left for schools in Canada were not showing up yesterday but are today. Reviews that were left in the USA are still not showing up.”
- Google Sukkah At The GooglePlex
This week is the Jewish holiday of Succos, I was offline the first two days and will be offline this coming Monday and Tuesday. During Succos Jews often eat and dwell in a sukkah, a temporary hut lik
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Yep – I’d check what it really is. Also, Googlebot can do weird things sometimes. And also, software can sometimes have bugs. Happy to take a look if you have some URLs to check out., John Mueller on Twitter
- Are these review refinement bubbles new? I think up until very recently they were only displayed in product knowledge panels, hotel local panels, and a couple of other places, but not across all GMB listings https://t.co/XpN, Sergey Alakov on Twitter
- Knowledge Panels are generated automatically. If you don’t have one, there’s no way for us to make one, sorry., Danny Sullivan on Twitter
- Some sites like to make us guess. I don’t think that’s a very good or sustainable way to do it. Sometimes we guess right, sometimes we guess wrong, sometimes our algorithms can’t separate accidental, John Mueller on Twitter
- We don’t use change-frequency or priority in sitemaps, so I’d focus on providing a clean last-modification-date., John Mueller on Twitter
- Yahoo to Close Yahoo Groups December 14, 2019, WebmasterWorld
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: firstname.lastname@example.org (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services