Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google November Core Algorithm Updates Probably Not Just Links
The past couple of weeks have been pretty volatile in terms of Google organic search results rankings and now we are running into Thanksgiving – where we generally see a lot of of changes – even though Google has said in the past they won’t make changes around this shopping season. That being said, Google’s John Mueller spoke about these November updates in terms of links.
- Vlog #28: Andrea Cruz Lopez On Google Ads Match Types & Tips
Andrea Cruz Lopez (@andreacruz92) works at KoMarketing as a digital marketing manager. KoMarketing was her first job in the SEM space, which she started back in 2015. Andrea is multilingual and speaks three different languages, Spanish…
- Google Offering Searching Tips When It Can’t Find Search Results
The folks at SEMRush spotted Google offering searches tips and tricks for searching when Google has no results to offer the searcher. We spotted Google doing something similar but not without giving that searcher any tips, instead just saying “Hmm… the results for your search don’t seem very relevant” and then giving other search options.
- A Google Local Bedlam Update Theory: Position One Stable, The Others Shuffle?
There is a new theory out about that Google Local update from earlier in this month, nicknamed the Bedlam update. The theory is that most of the time, position one in the local pack is stable but positions two and three are the ones being shuffled out.
- Google: It Is Impossible To Index The Whole Web
Google’s John Mueller said a word I kind of dislike, “impossible.” But technically it is true. He said, it would be impossible for Google to index the whole web. This was in response to why Google has not indexed all the pages in a sitemap for a specific web site.
- Google Drops Lingerie & Adult Shopping Ads For Christmas Searches
Yesterday I was doing some searches to see when the holiday decorations come up (I do weird searches all the time) and up came Google Shopping Ads that were a bit adult in nature. Specifically selling lingerie and adult oriented costumes. Yes, for the search term [christmas]. A lot of others were seeing the same or similar ads as well.
- Google Space Ship Jeep
In the Google Irvine, California office, they have surf boards and jeeps that look like metallic space ships. Here is a photo of a Google branded jeep that is shiny metallic and looks a lot like a sp
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
- 24 Best BERT Resources: Get Up to Speed with Google’s Big Update, aimClear Blog
- E-commerce SEO For The Holidays: 6 Steps To Prepare, Manage, & Measure, Botify
- How Do Search Engines Work and Why Should You Care?, Ahrefs
- How To Write Impactful Alt Text For Images, Seer Interactive
- Seizing SEO Opportunities from Google’s New Shopping Experience, Search Metrics
- Yoast SEO 12.6: Getting help in the plugin is now easier, Yoast
- How Google’s Distinguishes between Good & Bad Content, RankRanger
- How We Used SEMrush to Build an SEO Foundation and Ongoing Strategy, SEM Rush
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: firstname.lastname@example.org (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services