Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google: Malware Reviews Go Faster Than Hacked Content Reviews
John Mueller from Google said that generally Google is quicker at processing malware reviews than hacked content reviews. Malware is when you have some some of malware installed on your web site, removing it and submitting a reconsideration request will reverse that manual action. Hacked content is when someone hacks your site and injects content on new or existing pages.
- Report: Google Local Q&A Display Bugs Confirmed
Mike Blumenthal, a local SEO expect, is at the Google PE Summit and he was told by the Google local team that there are bugs with the local Q&A feature where the Q&As are erratically showing and not showing.
- Google: Median Time For GoogleBot To Render Is 5 Seconds
Martin Splitt from Google announced at the Chrome Dev Summit 2019 that the median time for GoogleBot to render is 5 seconds. But even the 90th percentile is done “in minutes” he said. He said “you don’t have to worry about week long delays” for rendering after GoogleBot crawls your page.
- Another Google Webmaster YouTube Series: Search Console Training
Yesterday at SMX, Daniel Waisberg, Search Advocate at Google who works with the Search Console team, announced a new YouTube series on the Google Webmaster channel named Search Console Training. Yep, this series will train folks on how to use Google Search Console.
- Google My Business Listings Disappear – It’s A Bug
If you login to your Google My Business listing area and look at the manage locations tab (which is the default page most go to when they login) – you won’t see any listings. There is a bug hiding them, they are invisible, but Google is aware of it and will fix it.
- Google Ice Sculpture Drinking Fountain – PE Summit
Looks like Google is throwing a nice event for those at the PE Summit in Boulder this week. I believe a bunch of local SEOs are out there learning and sharing with the Google team.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google’s pretty good at guessing, but the less Google has to guess, the less Google will guess., John Mueller on Twitter
- The Bedlam Update, WebmasterWorld
- What’s the tricky part with allowing crawling of the m-dot site? I realize robots.txt changes take time with big corps, is it just bureaucracy? I imagine our systems are just trying to make do, de, John Mueller on Twitter
- Google Maps Allows Users to Report Spammy Users, Local Search Forum
- It wouldn’t trigger a manual action, but merging / splitting / restructuring sites does take a bit of time to be processed, and the outcome is hard to know ahead of time, since it can involve bigger changes., John Mueller on Twitter
- Report: Google Moves to Checking Accounts to Consumers, WebmasterWorld
- The same applies there too. If you’re changing all URLs within your site, keep in mind that this can take quite some time to be processed, and you will see a drop in search during that time, even if you follow the, John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
- 7 tips to keep you off of the SEO naughty list this holiday season, DealerOn
- Accessing Bing Webmaster Tools API using cURL, Bing Webmaster Blog
- Can You Optimize for Google BERT Update? NLP & Neural Nets Explained, Raven Tools
- Google Chrome Dev Summit 2019 Recap: What SEOs Need to Know, DeepCrawl
- How UX complements SEO to improve conversion strategy, Vertical Leap
- Off-Page SEO: A Beginner’s Guide, RankRanger
- Query Pattern Generation at Google, Go Fish Digital
- The November 8, 2019 Google Update may have been a link related update, Marie Haynes Consulting
- Yoast SEO 12.5: Behind the scenes improvements, Yoast
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: email@example.com (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services