Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- More Details On Evergreen GoogleBot: Two Waves, Old User Agents & More
Google launched the evergreen GoogleBot, a GoogleBot that will be up-to-date with the latest version of Chrome. A GoogleBot that can access all the latest modern web browser features. A GoogleBot with less limitations. I’ve been updating the original article with more details but if you missed it, here are some new tidbits around this announcement that you may have missed.
- Google Officially Launches FAQ & How-To Structured Data Markup
Google announced it a year ago at Google I/O 2018 but didn’t launch FAQ and How-to structured data until a year later at this years 2019 Google I/O event. It comes with new rich results and new Google Search Console enhancement reports.
- Google Search Console New Speed Report
At Google I/O they demonstrated a new report within Google Search Console named the Speed Report. It is currently in beta or experimental mode but they showed some screen shots of it in action.
- Google: SEO Contests Useless, Waste Of Time & Generate Tons Of Spam
Every now and then you hear about a new SEO contest where you can win money, prizes, recognition and fame. Well, that might just stop now that John Mueller from Google trashed the concept. He said on Twitter “SEO contests are pretty useless. SEO contests never reflect real life-performance, they generate a ton of spam that negatively affects the whole ecosystem, they’re a big waste of time & effort. The smart approach to SEO contests is to ignore them.”
- The Fungineers At Google I/O
There are many attendees at Google I/O taking photos of this modified ice cream truck with people hanging all over it. It turns out they are called the Fungineers and they have a spot at I/O.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- And….. Google’s date bug is back! I literally posted this 5-10 minutes ago, and I have the date and time listed in the post. Yet Google says I posted it 8 hours ago. I thought this was fixed, @johnmu ? cc @rustybrick… https:, Bill Hartzer on Twitter
- I know, and that’s stupid. You’re just forcing us to waste money for crap. In the age of voice search we need to be able to block any negative spoken phrase.… https://t.co/MS7fHFAXVK, Joe Youngblood on Twitter
- Someone trying to change GMB location name, EVERY DAY, Local Search Forum
- Tickets now available – as @Artefact_UK have kindly agree to host ! – massive thanks guys – https://t.co/X3JiJ04zc4 There will be limited tickets! So if you want to come grab one now! – There will be beer which I won’t b, Gerry White SEO geek on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: email@example.com (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services