Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Search Buzz Video Recap: Google Update, Search Console Data Loss, Bing Ads Now Microsoft Advertising & Star Wars
This was a super busy week starting with a possible Google search algorithm update over the weekend. Google also admitted they lost 16-days worth of data within Google Search Console…
- Google: Mobile-First Indexing Is Still On Track & Making Good Progress
It has been a while since we talked about Google’s mobile-first indexing initiative and the last we know is that over 50% of Google’s index is built through mobile-first indexing. But since then, I haven’t seen many notifications from webmasters of a new wave of mobile-first indexing migrations.
- 5 Months Later Google Has Not Fixed A Googlebot Search Exploit
- Google Search Console Adds Three New Reports
Google announced three new reports to Google Search Console yesterday. They include uparsable structured data report and two enhancement reports (a) sitelinks searchbox and (b) logo enhancement reports.
- Google Launches Video Series On SEO Myth-Busting
Google has announced with a video on the Google Webmasters YouTube channel a new video series named SEO mythbusting. The trailer for the series looks awesome and fun – but let’s see what the actual videos include and if they include anything too revealing.
- Google Search Console Star Wars Mode For Star Wars Day
Everyone in our community is talking about how Google Search Console is doing a special theme within the toolset for Stars Wars Day, which is on May 4th (May the Force/Fourth be with you). If you toggle it on at the top right of the page you will find tons of easter eggs within the tool with references to Star Wars.
- Google Employee Wearing A Giraffe Hat
So you are walking through your office, headed to a meeting and you walk into a colleague wearing a giraffe hat. This is all in the days work at the Google office in Dublin. Here is Miriam O’Shea wi
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Good point, if you use CallJoy, you can gather keyword research from actual calls. And of course, Google can choose to do what it wants with the data (like learn more about what people are looking for help with across verticals)., Glenn Gabe on Twitter
- Any SEO Harm From Incrementally Pushing a Redesign?, WebmasterWorld
- If you need to keep 2 pages indexed, then they’ll rank independently. You can’t pick their order in search.…, John Mueller on Twitter
- OK, just so I’m clear on what you’re saying, the analytics UI will be removed from the official AMP plugin soon. And then other plugins should handle the implementation of analytics tracking for AMP urls. Is that right? Thanks fo, Glenn Gabe on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: firstname.lastname@example.org (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services