Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Early Signs Of A Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update
I am seeing very early signs of a Google search ranking update that started last night and has been fluctuating in and out this morning into the various Google data centers. The automated tracking tools aren’t really showing much yet but the WebmasterWorld forums has some early chatter from the SEO community.
- Google Hints That Favicon Removals From Search May Be Automated
I am really trying hard to understand the process webmasters and SEOs can take when it comes to first learning that their favicon was removed from Google’s mobile search results page because it violated the guidelines and then if it was, how they can make a change and then notify Google of the change so their new favicon can show back up in search.
- Google To Notify Old Sites Not On Mobile-First Indexing But Maybe Not New Sites
I asked Google’s John Mueller in yesterday’s Google hangout if Google will be notifying new sites after the July 1st change over if those sites are not ready for mobile-first indexing. The issue is, by default, all new sites on July 1st will be indexed using mobile-first indexing – even in the rare case that site is not really ready for mobile-first indexing.
- Google Knows How Changes Impact Billions Of Queries
We know that when Google changes even a pixel on their web site, there are going to be vocal complaints about that change. But one thing Google doesn’t seem to be afraid of, in fact, they seem to embrace it, is change. And when Google makes a change, millions and millions of people see it and feel it.
- Google Busy Updating Developer Docs For SEOs & Webmasters
Google has been very busy updating their developer documents related to structured data, mobile-first indexing, and more topics related to Google search. In fact, it seems like Lizzi Harvey, a technical writer who works at Google for over three years, has been trying to communicate about these updates on Twitter.
- Google Retirement Home
Louis Gray from Google shared a fun picture of a porch with wooden rocker chairs and benches and said “I think I found where they send Googlers after they retire.” Can this be the Google retirement ho
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- No. Structured data isn’t a ranking factor, regardless of the format.…, John Mueller on Twitter
- Thanks — I’ll pass it on to the team here.…, John Mueller on Twitter
- True. On the flip side, we also have to think about not breaking the internet 🙂, Gary Illyes on Twitter
- Twitter thread alert: Ever year I present to local schools in my area about digital marketing, Search, social media, paid search, & more. I love hearing their thoughts. I always learn something from them. I presented on Friday to 8, Glenn Gabe on Twitter
- GDPR a Year on: 200,000 Cases Received By Data Protection Authorities, WebmasterWorld
- I imagine that could be from the way we do “frame expansion” (start with a large viewport and try to get the full content into it). Sometimes sites do strange things with the assumption that viewports aren’t “tall”..… https:, John Mueller on Twitter
- My guess is there are more people searching with apostrophe now than before — because of the way voice transcriptions include them by default. I don’t think that changes anything for SEO though :).… https://t.co/IS2pJ9Tjk0, John Mueller on Twitter
- We are so going to write a serialized long form piece about the impact of cheese in ranking / indexing. We’re thinking of a title like: “John Mueller reveals a top ranking element, and you won’t brie-lieve what it is!”… https://t.co/, WTFSEO on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: firstname.lastname@example.org (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services