Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Search Buzz Video Recap: Google Algorithm Update, Two Indexing Bugs, New Mobile Search Design, Quality Raters Guidelines & More
It was a pretty busy week with a possible Google search algorithm update on Wednesday. In addition, we had two different indexing bugs, one on Wednesday, which was fixed and one last night, which is being worked on…
- Confirmed: New Google Indexing Issue Unrelated To Previous One
Last night at around 8pm ET while in a taxi back to my home from the airport, I wrote on Search Engine Land that Google’s indexing issue was back. Google then confirmed a new indexing issue on Twitter at around 2:20pm ET the following morning. But they said this issue is different and not related to the one from Wednesday morning.
- Google May Have Fixed The Cache Page Delay
If you look at the Google cache on many sites that are updated regularly (daily or more often), you will see that the cache date is now within a couple days old. It looks like maybe Google fixed this prolonged outdated cache date bug that they told everyone not to worry about.
- Google Search Console Speed Report Will Be Slow To Come
Google announced a new speed report that they are beta testing while at Google I/O. They told us all to sign up for the beta if we want early access. Well, that speed report is not coming to us any time soon. There is no speedy delivery for that report.
- Google Map Pins With Your Company Logo
Google is testing using company logos in map pins. Darren Friel spotted an example of this with the Early Settler brand. Here is that screen shot.
- Google: Two Web Sites Out Of One Won’t Result In Twice As Much Visibility
Google’s John Mueller said on Twitter that if you think it is a good idea to take your web site and break it up into two different web sites, you might want to reconsider. He said “If you make 2 websites out of one, you’re not going to be twice as visible in search.”
- The London SEO Community Is Special
I am sitting here in the London airport waiting for my flight out and I keep thinking how amazing the SEO and SEM industry and community is here in London. It was my first time at an event in London, SMX London and Rising Media flew me out here and put me up. I got to say, everyone I met in London was just super special.
- Google NYC Unicorn
Here is a photo I found on Instagram of someone next to one of those inflatable unicorns at the Google NYC office. Yea, up on one of the rooftops at Google New York doing a unicorn pose.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- I don’t think the incredible service @rustybrick and @seroundtable has done for the SEO industry/community over the years is talked about enough. I can’t tell you how often I am leveraging something Barry has written to make a d, Joe Hall on Twitter
- A period of reflection, WebmasterWorld
- If these pages work for you, then don’t let anyone talk you into deleting them — it’s your site :). That said, I suspect having these pages rank is a sign that you could be better targeting those queries with pages explicitly, John Mueller on Twitter
- One of the reasons is that there are many different ways to improve in Search, you don’t have to do the same things as your competitors. Everyone does things differently, that’s fine.… https://t.co/D3uOe8hvGa, John Mueller on Twitter
- TBH Most SEOs I see are very creative in finding solutions, but if a bigger platform you use lacks a feature you find basic & critical, it’s good to try to get that improved directly, rather than always relying on hacks or work, John Mueller on Twitter
- We have restored access to the Gmail accounts for the Baltimore city officials. Our automated security systems disabled the accounts due to the bulk creation of multiple consumer Gmail accounts from the same network., Google Communications on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: firstname.lastname@example.org (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services