Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google: Top Three Things A Developer Can Do For Search Rankings Doesn’t Include Links
Google’s Martin Splitt posted the first SEO Mythbusting series and in there, a developer asked him what can to help his sites and apps do better in search. What are the “top three things I should consider” he asked. Martin answered in the form of being a developer and because of that, did not include links.
- Google Trips: Hotels, Flights, Weather, Things To Do & More
Google announced Google Trips, a more consolidated view of using Google for trips, travel and vacations. Google will put hotels, flights, things to do, places to eat, weather, packages and more right in a central place.
- New Performance Planner In Google Ads
Google Ads announced a new performance planner tool that identifies the best spend amounts for your campaigns to drive incremental conversions, they said. Performance Planner is a tool that lets you create plans for your advertising spend, and see how changes to campaigns might affect key metrics and overall performance.
- CJR Audit Claims Google Shows Limited Number Of News Sources
The Columbia Journalism Review posted an audit that showed that just 20 news sources account for more than half of article impressions in the Top Stories section of Google. This was posted on Reddit and one person posted about a far right news source named The Gateway Pundit not showing up, the Googler said it seems like a bug.
- Google’s First SEO Mythbusting Video Didn’t Have Mythbusting
Watching the comments about Google’s first mythbusting video reminds me of the comments around the final season of Game of Thrones. All this hype for this series and the first show did not live up to its expectations. To be fair, the Googlers who put this together are not film producers while HBO is.
- GoogleBot Jewelry From Pandora Charms
Okay, fine – they are really not GoogleBot inspired Jewelry but rather charms from Pandora that look like robots. But Dido Grigorov and probably any other SEO who would have seen this would have fist
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- There’s no hard limit, but with a tool like this we try to both do a live fetch of everything, and also provide an answer quickly (people are impatient :)), which sometimes results in embedded resources being skipped.… https:, John Mueller on Twitter
- Analytics and GDPR, WebmasterWorld
- Bug in Google’s Titan Security Keys Could Allow Exploits By Hackers, WebmasterWorld
- Google Maps Driving Directions Update ? Has anyone seen this, Local Search Forum
- Intel ZombieLoad Vulnerability Bug Fix May Slow Computers and Datacenters, WebmasterWorld
- Yes, totally agree — I’d love to make that a bit clearer. Always something left to do :)…, John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: firstname.lastname@example.org (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services