Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Hide Search Performance For This Query In Google
Yesterday I reported about new preferences with Google Search Console but focused on the email preferences. You can also communicate to Google that you want to hide the search performance for this query report snapshot you sometimes see in the Google search results in these new preferences.
- Google Posts In Google My Business Now Back After Being Disabled
Google has said it has reenabled the ability to use Google Posts after it was temporarily disabled. Google wrote on Twitter “business posts were temporarily disabled and have now resumed.”
- Google Temporary Closed Status Now Doesn’t Hurt Your Search Rankings
Google has posted an update on Twitter that now when you mark you business as temporarily closed, it will not impact your search rankings. Google said “keep customers updated on your status without affecting search rankings.”
- Google: We Can Look Up Internal PageRank But Toolbar PageRank Is Gone
Gary Illyes from Google said technically he and his colleagues are able to lookup the PageRank values of a page but there “rarely” is ever a reason to do so he said. He said the toolbar PageRank score, the pretty one, which is 0 through 10, is long gone and has not been calculated by Google in a long time.
- Google Releases The Webmaster Conference Product Summit Videos
Last November Google held an SEO and webmaster conference at their Mountain View offices, the GooglePlex. I was there and posted my takeaways over here. But today, Google has released all the video recordings from the event. Now you all can watch the several presentations given by Googlers throughout that day.
- Google Seattle Halloween Decorations; Even Android Got Dressed Up
Yep, starting to go into the archives for these photos as no one is really at the Google office buildings these days. But here is a cute one from back during Halloween from the Seattle office. Check
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Give with Bing is a new way to give back. To try it, join Microsoft Rewards, and your Bing searches will earn points that are automatically donated to the cause of your choice. #GiveWithBing #MicrosoftEvent Join now: https://t.co/ScD, Bing on Twitter
- I tested positive for COVID-19 and am recovering. Listen to what John Oliver has to say about our national response so far: https://t.co/Adgiy3Z9NA, vinton g cerf on Twitter
- Usually it’s just a matter of editing the pages, and individually submitting them for reindexing. For a large number of pages, a sitemap would be a good approach. Happy to take a quick look if you want to, John Mueller on Twitter
- You can use multiple hreflang entries for the same URL, that’s fine., John Mueller on Twitter
- Content in the age of Covid-19, WebmasterWorld
- Google Ranking and Link Building Best Strategies in 2020, WebmasterWorld
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: email@example.com (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services