Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Search Buzz Video Recap: Google Algorithm Updates, Info Command Gone, Bing Updates, Google Ads, New UIs & More
This week in search, we saw a few more algorithm shifts with the Google search results, one around March 26th and one around March 20th…
- Google Tests Adding Icons Back To The Search Bar Filters
Google is testing showing icons in the search bar filters next to the all, news, maps, images, shopping and other buttons. This takes them back to a user interface they had in 2011, which they shortly dropped a year or so later.
- Google Launches Google Ads Editor v.1 Replacing AdWords Editor
Google has launched the new Google Ads Editor to replace the AdWords Editor. This comes well after Google rebranded AdWords to Google Ads. With that, Google rebranded the AdWords Editor to Google Ads Editor and also added features.
- Google: Long Term Plan You Should Switch To Domain Properties & Drop Other Forms
Google’s John Mueller said on Twitter a good long term plan for those who have verified properties in Google Search Console is to drop the individual property verification methods and just go with the domain properties method, where everything is combined across most canonicals.
- Very Few Features Left In The Old Google Search Console
The old Google Search Console seems to be holding on for dear life right now. There are only a handful of features left in the tool that remain, including Data Highlighter, International Targeting, Remove URLs, Crawl Stats, robots.txt Tester and URL Parameters. The rest are gone and replaced or mostly replaced in the new Google Search Console.
- Google Gifts Local Guide Socks
Are you a local guide? Well, if so, you may have received a new pair of socks from Google. Here are the local guide socks framed by one local guide. I also posted more photos of other local guides sho
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Calling all business owners in the San Francisco Bay Area! If you own a small business and use Google My Business, we’d like to hear from you. Just sign up, be invited to participate, and get rewarded! Complete this form if, Google My Business on Twitter
- Cars.com – Have you looked at your dealers’ SEO rankings since March 12th 2019?, DealerRefresh Automotive Dealer Forums
- It’s tricky .. People should be able to monetize their sites somehow, it feels like there’s a lot of short-term thinking out there though.… https://t.co/uBOqFY4zLq, John Mueller on Twitter
- Maybe :). I’d instrument the code with some console logging and pick that up from the inspect url tool or the mobile friendly test.… https://t.co/E81Llh41zM, John Mueller on Twitter
- We’ve launched a new Google My Business Help Community and hope to see you there! This community is intended to be a place where you can interact with other Google My Business users to ask questions, get help, and discuss a, Google My Business on Twitter
- You’re making the assumption that this data is correct?…, John Mueller on Twitter
- Almost none. The random ones on Reddit I see are kinda the outliers, and they’re not specifically directed my way.…, John Mueller on Twitter
- At this point, I’d strongly recommend moving away from the old #! syntax — some things will continue to work, but you’re making your life so much harder than it needs to be (and if things don’t work, they’re unlikely to be fix, John Mueller on Twitter
- Perhaps You’ll Get Fewer Robocalls, WebmasterWorld
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: firstname.lastname@example.org (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services