Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Search Ranking Update On March 26th?
There is some early chatter of a possible Google search algorithm update touching down last night and this morning, March 26th and March 27th. It might be too early for some people to notice or it might just be a blip. It also might be tweaks and tremors from the March 12th Google core update.
- Google: Premier Partners Get No Special Treatment To Core Search
This may or may not be obvious but Google Partners have no special access to organic search in Google. They don’t get special treatment, they don’t simply rank better because they are a Google partner. In fact, there is no Google Partner status for organic search. Google Partners are for Google Ads, Analytics, Google Apps, etc but not for search.
- Bing Search Makes Improvements To Their Intelligent Answers, Text-To-Speech & Visual Search
Bing published some upgrades they made to Bing search the other day. In short, they upgraded their intelligent answers system, their text-to-speech capabilities and their visual search engine.
- Google Ads Keyword Planner Adds Features
Google Ads is adding a bunch of new features to their keyword planner tool. Ginny Marvin dug into the features in detail at Search Engine Land, but here is a summary from the announcement screen provided to me by Ross Barefoot on Twitter.
- Google Drops Info: Command But Has Added Canonical Info To URL Inspection Tool
Google has announced they are dropping the info: command, primarily used to tell webmasters which URL Google considers the canonical URL in their index. At least that is what Google has been telling webmasters to use for this purpose for years. Now, you need to have verified access to the site to see such details in the URL Inspection tool.
- Google Team Hires Mariachi Group After Unlocking Work Achievement
Here is a video from Adam Lasnik (former mini-Matt) on Instagram who shared that his team was celebrating a team achievement and hired a Mariachi group to do so. How funny!
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Whew :). Saved me some digging around :). I’d be surprised if any search engine had issues with non-7-bit ASCII nowadays.… https://t.co/j1bWHqaBxY, John Mueller on Twitter
- Noticed a pretty big bump in the % of GB-en SERPs with a featured snippet on them at the end of last week. Went deeper and found a whole bunch of shifts in featured snippets across Europe and beyond. Every market other than US-en, Eric Hedekar on Twitter
- I’d recommend picking one setup and using that consistently. The more you rely on search engines to guess what you want, the less likely it’ll be the way you want it.… https://t.co/hKnYhbdRBy, John Mueller on Twitter
- It’s much easier to learn how parameters work, and how they can be simplified, than to do the same with “pseudo-directories”. There’s no value in URL rewriting to that extreme, just use parameters where they make sense. Keep it, John Mueller on Twitter
- URLs can be indexed without being crawled, if they’re blocked by robots.txt – that’s by design. Usually that comes from links from somewhere, judging from that number, I’d imagine from within your site somewhere.… https://t., John Mueller on Twitter
- E.U. Parliament Approves the Copyright Directive, WebmasterWorld
- robots.txt is not a suggestion…, John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: email@example.com (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services