Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google: No Real Changes To In-Depth Articles
A week ago we reported that the in-depth articles in the Google search results mysteriously went away. I asked Google about it and they told me they really didn’t – Google’s statement was “When relevant, we do and will continue to surface high-quality evergreen content as part of the overall search results.” Google did make a code change to how they display them in the source code of the search results page but not much else.
- Google Removed 2.3 Billion Bad Ads In 2018
Google announced that they have removed 2.3 billion bad ads in 2018 for violations of both new and existing policies. Google said this included 207,000 ads for ticket resellers, over 531,000 ads for bail bonds and about 58.8 million phishing ads.
- When Naming The Google 3/12 Broad Core Ranking Update Florida 2
As you know, I reported yesterday morning, well before Google confirmed the Google search update that there was an update. The reason why Google even confirmed the update was because I emailed them asking them to confirm, they did on Twitter as you know. I didn’t want to name it yet but honestly it is a beautiful thing for Brett Tabke of WebmasterWorld to name an update again.
- Bing Quality Raters Don’t Directly Impact Rankings
Yesterday we wrote that Google search quality raters don’t directly impact the search rankings and today we have confirmation from Frédéric Dubut of Bing that Bing search quality raters do not directly impact the Bing search rankings.
- Google Foot Art – Diabetic Masterpiece
Here is a photo I found on Twitter from Parminder Singh who showed what is called food art at Google. This art is made up of macaron, creme brulee and candy floss and other foods. He called it a dia
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Facebook Down Worldwide, WebmasterWorld
- Another thing we saw there is that you’re not providing the dates in the ISO8601 format in the structured data — that’s probably a simple fix which would be useful across your whole site.… https://t.co/rPoKVePoeg, John Mueller on Twitter
- Page disappeared from Google, then returned. Why?, WebmasterWorld
- That doesn’t sound like unique, compelling, valuable content, if you’re just reposting from a feed.… https://t.co/sr7kj6ziAg, John Mueller on Twitter
- We don’t use Analytics for search. Search Console gives you info on the traffic from search, which we aggregate from the search results directly, not from your site.… https://t.co/l3FRFcfmky, John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: firstname.lastname@example.org (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services