Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Big & Still Going: The Google June 2019 Core Search Algorithm Update
It is probably a bit too early to make any definitive statements but so far what I am seeing from the community is that this June 2019 core update – a Google search algorithm update – that was pre-announced and rolled out on June 3rd – it is a big one. Not only is it a big one but it is not done rolling out yet.
- Google: Removing Alt Attributes From Images Sorta Okay If…
Gary Illyes from Google said that it is “sorta ok” to remove alt attributes from images only when if there is relevant text around the image that helps describe the image. But I wouldn’t remove the alt attribute because Gary then added doing so “might have significant impact on Google Images traffic.”
- Google Immediately Processes Disavow Files But Links Get Disavowed Over Time
Google’s John Mueller said that while Google will process your disavow link file immediately, it will take some time for Google to disavow the links within it. John said on Twitter “The files are processed immediately. The links are disavowed over time – there is no fixed timeline.”
- DOJ May Investigate Google Again Over Antitrust Issues
The Wall Street Journal reported (WP link) that the Department of Justice may open up an antitrust probe against Google again. Let me directly upfront that I know very little about legal issues, little about the DOJ and government politics and law. I know when I watch congressional or senate questioning about a topic I know about, it shows how little our government reps know about the topic.
- Bing Pride Month Search Box Rainbow
We often highlight some of the cool easter eggs Google implants within their search results page but what about Bing? Well, if you start searching for pride related phrases, Bing will drop down their auto-complete and use a rainbow for the background of each line.
- Fancy Google Luxury Next
A couple weeks ago at the Google Dublin office Google had an event named Luxury Next. It seems like it was an ad focused event for luxury goods and services.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- As much as my mood swings…, Gary Illyes on Twitter
- This is what @searchliaison acct is for AFAIU. I’m not much of a fan of retroactive confirmations cos the info is unusable, but proactive seems to work cos at least you know you have to hold your beer tighter. I don’t kno, Gary Illyes on Twitter
- Yes, no…, Gary Illyes on Twitter
- Google Adds Messaging in Maps for Local Businesses, WebmasterWorld
- If they’re equally specific, it’s a toss. If you see ambiguity like this on your site, just fix it. Technical SEO is not about “hope it works” :-).… https://t.co/NJ3vfZuZes, John Mueller on Twitter
- Proof Google can be gamed, via Wikipedia!, WebmasterWorld
- What’s the amount of traffic to get a decent Adsense income?, WebmasterWorld
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: firstname.lastname@example.org (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services