Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google May Bring Full Page Screenshot Renders To Testing Tools
Google’s John Mueller hinted that Google may be bringing the full page from top to bottom as Google renders it in the testing tool’s screenshot section. John said on Twitter “I understand the desire to check full pages, & we’re looking into getting that, but a browser should get pretty close nowadays.”
- Google: Sitemaps Do Not Directly Impact Your Search Rankings
Gary Illyes from Google said that XML Sitemap files do not directly impact your rankings in Google Search. This is not new news but I like how he said “No, not direct anyway” to answer the question.
- Google Deprecates Support For Social Profile Markup For Knowledge Panels
Google announced yesterday that they have deprecated support for social profile markup specifically for the knowledge panels. Instead Google said you can either claim your knowledge panel and/or let Google figure it out without the markup.
- Google Bug Shows Tons Of Links In Featured Snippets
There is a Google bug that can show tons of links in the featured snippets box on the right hand side panel of the search results. Andy Haley spotted the issue and Ryan Jones shared it on Twitter, Valentin Pletzer was able to replicate the issue as well. Danny Sullivan from Google said this looks like a bug and he escalated it.
- Google May Be Testing Bringing Back Green Ad Label
About a month ago, Google dropped the green ad label and switched it to a black ad label. The SEM community was not a fan, they felt it blended too much with the organic ads espesially since Google also rolled out favicons in the organic search results. Well, Google may be testing bringing back the green ad label now.
- Wood Google Search Console Sign
Daniel Waisberg from the Google webmaster team shared a photo of a wooden Google Search Console sign. The sign is from Google I/O earlier this year and I think it made its way from California to Tel A
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Rich Result traffic Dropped 80%, Google Webmaster Help
- Hmm, new addition? PageSpeed paint timing specs from Google… https://t.co/pD7XTwYxPj @rustybrick – new, or new to me?, Jenny Halasz on Twitter
- Some of the security issues, which map to these as well, do have a large automatic component – recrawl and check if it’s ok. That makes them much faster to be processed.… https://t.co/fKmbWuu02Q, John Mueller on Twitter
- I get that you’re unhappy about these search results, it’s good to have your detailed feedback, and we’ve passed your concerns on. Starting even more threads isn’t going to make us drop everything to only work on your complaint, John Mueller on Twitter
- I’m hiring a Partner Developer Advocate in Google London: https://t.co/xGf5FogIrE with a focus on wearables and fitness., Adewale Oshineye on Twitter
- If you have 0.1% URLs that have duplicate content, you don’t have a problem.…, John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: firstname.lastname@example.org (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services