Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Moz: Google Diversity Update Was A Tiny Improvement & Maybe A PR Maneuver
Moz published data showing how based on their 10,000 keyword data set that the Google diversity update where Google would infrequently show more than two results from the same domain was a tiny change and possibly done as a PR maneuver to appease the regulators.
- Google Asks: Want A Nofollow Filter On The Internal Link Report In Search Console
Google’s Gary Illyes posted a Twitter poll yesterday asking if you would like the Google Search Console team to add a toggle or filter to the internal link report to show which links are nofollowed and not nofollowed.
- Google Adds Link To Lyrics Provider & Former Googler Blames Ranking Team For Confused Lyric Result
Yesterday, as expected, Google added a link to the footer of the lyrics box to show who they licensed the lyrics from. So now Google can fully say who they got this content from. But what I found even more interesting was how former Google search quality engineer, Brian White, called out Google’s ranking team for crediting the wrong band for the song Behind Blue Eyes.
- Google Mobile Friendly Testing Tool Tests New Evergreen GoogleBot
44 days ago, Google announced the new evergreen GoogleBot, a GoogleBot that will be on the latest version of Chromium going forward and that has all the latest features of a modern browser for indexing. But with that, Google said not all the testing tools have been upgraded and we had to wait. Well, now we know the testing tools are almost ready to go live.
- Google Webmaster YouTube Channel Breaks 300k Subscribers
Did you know that the folks who work in the Google webmaster team are also YouTube celebrities? Yesterday the Google Webmaster YouTube channel surpassed 300,000 YouTube subscribers – that is a big deal in YouTube subscriber world.
- Googlers Training To Change Tires On Race Cars As Pit Crew
Here is a photo I found on Instagram at the GooglePlex, Google’s main headquarters, where Googlers were doing a team building event by learning to change tires on race cars.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Affirmative. Though to be honest, it’s kinda hard to make juice out of links — they’re not comparable to grapes. I definitely wouldn’t put links in the same group as carrots either. Also, carrots are terrible at connecting web, John Mueller on Twitter
- Can We Put a “Top Rated on Google” Badge on a Website?, Local Search Forum
- If it’s an advertisement, then I’d use nofollow. If it’s just within your own site, then just link naturally.…, John Mueller on Twitter
- Most sites don’t need to worry about crawl budget. If your site is big enough to make this an issue, you could also just improve your server overall, rather than artificially splitting things out. More at https://t.co/3oqaaq92, John Mueller on Twitter
- Neat-o.. https://t.co/0ceYJ6HwjL is AMP-native PWA, powered by WordPress: ServiceWorker passthrough caching, offline, app manifest, AMP validation + lots more. Better yet, powered by production code: – https://t.co/GG6p8gjwSk, Ilya Grigorik on Twitter
- See landing page performance from Shopping campaigns on the “Landing pages” page, Google Ads Help
- Google’s new Chrome extension enables flagging of suspicious sites, WebmasterWorld
- I’m fairly certain that Google Finance had quotes on IPO days when @KatieS launched it a decade and a half ago. It’s 2019 and at Google still struggles, [nyse:work] comes back with nothing. Yahoo is ready as usual. https://t.co/6F, Brian White on Twitter
- Looks like the mobile URL isn’t being picked up as belonging to the desktop URL. That can sometimes happen, and is one of the reasons we don’t recommend separate mobile URLs anymore. Separate URLs for the same content makes thi, John Mueller on Twitter
- We make changes all the time — we try to announce the bigger ones & the ones that are actionable, but there are changes all the time. Also, the rest of the web is evolving too.… https://t.co/jKHyN8pxjH, John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: email@example.com (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services