Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Search Engine Roundtable Vlog – Searching The Roundtable Files – Need Your Help
I am attempting to start a new vlog series on the topic of SEO and SEM where I interview you – the SEO/SEM community about topics on SEO/SEM. I think I am going to call it Searching The Roundtable Files Vlog or something like that (if you like it or dislike it, let me know in the comments).
- Google: Using Tag Manager For SEO Is Fine?
In December 2017, Google told us to avoid using Google Tag Manager for SEO experiments or SEO solutions. In fact…
- Signs Some Googlers Care When Sites Get Hurt In Google Rankings
One of the things I see a lot from the SEO community is that they think Google employees, Googlers, do not care when a site has to cut staff or go out of business because of a Google update. While that may be true for some Googlers, most Googlers I’ve met do deeply care and it impacts them emotionally when they see this happens.
- Bing Adds Batch URL Submissions To Webmaster Tools API
Bing announced yesterday that you can now batch submit up to 500 URLs per API request, so do 500 URLs in a single API request – instead of an API request per URL. The 10,000 URL limit per day still applies but now you can submit more URLs in a single API request, which makes things more efficient for some sites.
- Google SEO Myth Busting Video On Web Performance
Google’s next SEO mythbusting video is on the topic of web performance. The video is with Google’s Martin Splitt and Samsung’s Ada Rose Cannon. They talk about web performance and usability topics around mobile, rankings and much more.
- Google NYC Also Updates Sign For Pride Month
Just like the main headquarters in Mountain View, California, Google’s massive NYC office updated the sign on the outside of the building for pride month. They replaced the Os with rainbow colors.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google’s been hard at work making the Podcast experience better on Search. Can’t wait to gush over it, since I’m also personally obsessed with #podcasts! Hope to see you next Wed, June 19, 7pm at the Hive Lavender. RSVP here- ht, Stacie Chan on Twitter
- Here is more about that LinkedIn talk at SMX London where Eun-Ji Noh spoke about how they recovered from the Feb 2017 Google update by using machine learning techniques.… https://t.co/2g7uvI7a4v, Barry Schwartz on Twitter
- I’d have to read the public docs :), but AFAIK it’s up to 90 days. “up to” because if we can reprocess it before then (eg, see a noindex/404 for a hidden URL), we can expire the pending request.… https://t.co/yfgN5KglZZ, John Mueller on Twitter
- Does non relevant content dilute overall site keyword?, WebmasterWorld
- Glitch with GMB showing verified business as unverified, Local Search Forum
- State of the Internet Report 2019, WebmasterWorld
- The AMP Screeshot tool is now public available: https://t.co/6TYgW5a6VB, Tobias Willmann on Twitter
- We’re pretty good at recognizing duplicates and variants of images, I don’t think you’d need to do anything special there.…, John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: email@example.com (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services