Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Search Buzz Video Recap: Google Maverick Update, Google UX Rankings, Experts Writing, Resign, Bugs & Much More
This week I covered a nice number of topics including the Google Maverick update kind of slowing down. Google’s John Mueller explained a bit how maybe Google would determine if a site is something searchers would like, it was super interesting…
- Google Search Engineer Ryan Moulton: I Would Resign If Google Altered Results For Political Reasons
I often hear rumors and theories that Google has coded into its search ranking algorithm its political bias. A lot of the debate going around now before US election time is if Google is doing that. Well, a 13+ year search engineer at Google named Ryan Moulton said if he ever saw evidence of this, he would resign.
- Google Search Console Adding “AMP On Image Result” To Performance Report
Google said as part of its swipe to visit in image search feature that they are adding a new performance report view. Google said it is adding “AMP on image result” filter to the performance report within Google Search Console.
- Google Image Search Launched Swipe Up Visit Site
Google began testing a feature in image search that allowed you to slide in or up an article from an image search result to learn more. They began testing it in March of 2019 and then announced it at Google I/O in May. Now Google has launched this feature.
- Google Fixed Broken & Half Rendered Search Results Pages
For the past few days, some searchers were only able to load a portion of the search results pages. Google said they were working on fixing the issue and as of late last night, Google said they fixed the issue. I do not see any new complaints since last night, so it can be fully fixed.
- Google’s #AskGoogleWebmaster Series Starting Soon – Here Is The Teaser
We knew this has been coming for some time but Google’s John Mueller just published the teaser video yesterday that it is coming “this week.” Well, it was published yesterday, Thursday, and the week is over soon – so maybe they mean early next week?
- UK Actress, Hannah Snow On Google Bike
I found this photo on Instagram where UK based actress Hannah Snow, who I don’t think I’ve heard of but she came up in my Google feeds. She is riding a Google bike at the GooglePlex in California.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Facebook Q2 Revenue up 28pct to $16.9 Billion, WebmasterWorld
- Where has all the spam gone?, Local Search Forum
- Advertisers wasting money on Google Ads through errors, WebmasterWorld
- Google Alphabet Q2, 2019 Revenue Up 19pct to $38.9 Billion, WebmasterWorld
- We don’t always show the description, or the full description in search, so that seems kinda risky, John Mueller on Twitter
- Well, that was fun :). Here’s the recording, if you’re curious: https://t.co/LmAAhYMgAP .. unfortunately, we can’t live-stream these, but there’s room for more than 10 participants if anyone wants to join next time!, John Mueller on Twitter
- What’s the SEO effect of implementing dark mode? or is that something only blackhats would do? https://t.co/XfQabgxKiF https://t.co/bkXy4saLSY, John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: email@example.com (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services