Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google January 2020 Core Update Is Live & It’s Big
Yesterday, Google announced that it is releasing a core broad update named the January 2020 Core Update. It started to roll out around noon New York time yesterday. Google just echoed its previous advice around core updates. But this one does seem substantial and big based on some of the early chatter and signals.
- Google Rich Results Test Now Can Show Embedded Resources
Google has upgraded the rich results test to show embedded resources. It is beta but it can show external elements included by a page. Here is an example of a page here but you can run it on any page.
- Google Favicons & Black Ad Label Now Live On Desktop Search
We knew it was coming and now it is live, well, almost fully live. Google is now officially rolling out the favicons and black ad label search interface on desktop. Google has been testing it for months and months on desktop after it launched in mobile search in May 2019.
- The New GoogleBot Dynamic User Agent Names Are Live
Google seems to have recently made the new GoogleBot user agent name that is dynamic for the evergreen GoogleBot live. Bastian Grimm said he started noticing the new name on January 12, 2020.
- New: Google Ads Target ROAS Bid Simulator
Google Ads has introduced a new bid simulator, the Target ROAS bid simulator. The target ROAS bid simulator shows the relationship between a ROAS target and your key metrics. The key metric it shows is your conversion value.
- Google Irvine Beach Sign With Window Mountain View
As you all know, Google’s main headquarters is in Mountain View, California. But here is a photo from Google’s Irvine, California office that is on he beach and also has an insane mountain view. I
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- In 2019 I met a new partner, and she’s taught me so much about listening to my inner voice, being healthy, and getting offline to move my body. Thank you, @aranoff. I wish everyone a 2020 where you find people who make you hap, Matt Cutts on Twitter
- The team is on it, thanks :). We’re inspecting our services, so that you can inspect more URLs soon!, John Mueller on Twitter
- When I joined Google, we had just raised money at a $100M valuation. So proud to see it hit the storied $1T market cap today! #10000x https://t.co/Z0C9ZgSwUS, marissamayer on Twitter
- Why Does Google Favour WordPress Sites So Much?, WebmasterWorld
- We crawl mostly from the US, so if you block US IP addresses, you’ll block indexing. The solution is not to block US IP addresses, or at least, to provide some content that yo, John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: firstname.lastname@example.org (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services