Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Shows Video Grid Format In Mobile Search Results With Up To 8 Videos
Google is showing videos in a grid format in the mobile Google search results between 2 and 8 videos for a single search results page. I was notified by multiple SEOs this morning of the user interface, I believe it is fairly new.
- Google Hints The Page Google Shows For The Duplicate Content Cluster Gains Signals
Gary Illyes from Google dropped a hint around if signals from other pages in a duplicate content cluster gets passed to the one Google shows in their search results. It is not clear in his response, which is by design but he said “generally the page in a dup cluster that shows up in the results will see more benefits.”
- Google Search Ranking Factors Include “Pornyness”
I know Gary Illyes from Google is going to roll his eyes when he sees this post, but I find it funny and I want to share what he wrote on this Reddit AMA regarding Google’s ranking factors. He was asked to share some more search ranking factors, and one that he shared was “Pornyness.”
- Google: There Is No Internal Linking Over Optimization Penalty
Gary Illyes from Google in his AMA said that Google does not have an internal linking over optimization penalty. He went on to say, in his Gary tone, “you can abuse your internal links as much as you want AFAIK.”
- Google Posts Content Now In Some Google Local Listings
Dave DiGregorio posted screen shots of content from a local business’s Google Posts content showing up in the local listings, including the local knowledge panel and local pack listings. This gives more exposure to the Google Posts content and possibly the listing.
- Google Auto Opting Businesses Into Google Assistant Calls Over Duplex
Google has a setting in Google My Business to allow or disallow hone calls from Google Assistant to your business. It launched as a beta last October and became a setting around then as well in the Google My Business dashboard. Now it seems that all old and new business have the setting checked on by default.
- Google’s Kings Cross Building Construction
Here is a photo fo the status of the new Google building that Google is building up in London, the King’s Cross area. You can see those Android characters there, for the floor labels still.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google may be testing an expansion of “Popular on the web” (first time I’ve seen it for fitness queries) — also, I don’t think that’s the pistol they intended –… https://t.co/rHnFbd0Ft7, Dr. Pete Meyers on Twitter
- Here’s a classic case of an authority on #SEO – @seo_merry, not practicing what they preach at The @Telegraph (HT @rustybrick). #journalismjobs… https://t.co/Y6nsYdE2zr, Angelo Embuldeniya on Twitter
- Migrating multiple subdomains to one for a large-scale site? Via @johnmu: Try to move to the final state as quickly as possible. Don’t create a temporary phase/state. Redirect old urls to new ones as quickly as possible: https://t, Glenn Gabe on Twitter
- Google testing a more compact AMP swipe header (45px instead of 54px) #google #amp #seo cc @rustybrick https://t.co/3AX5sxvfG2″ / Twitter, Valentin Pletzer on Twitter
- Did you know that backlinks filtering just went live on @Majestic? -> Backlinks Filtering Options – video interview with @Dixon_Jones “The new backlinks tab can sort links by different criteria including link type, status, follow, Glenn Gabe on Twitter
- That’s fine — our systems recognizing these as soft-404 is expected and wouldn’t cause a problem for the rest of the site.…, John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: firstname.lastname@example.org (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services