Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- December 4th Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update. Maybe?
Some of the tracking tools are spiking up and showing signals of a Google search ranking update over the past couple of days – maybe December 3rd or 4th. There is some limited chatter, nothing crazy, but some chatter at WebmasterWorld. Some are saying they saw…
- Google My Business Reviews Select Rated Highly For Tags
Google is now letting Local Guides and maybe other Google users to select a tag to describe why you like the business you are reviewing. So not just leave a star rating and a review and photos but also select a descriptive tag that Google can use in a more structured fashion.
- Simple Video On How Google Search Works
Google posted on their Google Webmaster YouTube channel a nice very clear and simple beginner video on how Google Search works as it relates to how you, webmasters, can make your web sites better. This might be one of those videos you share with new, newbie, clients?
- Google Search Console Updates Messaging Interface
As we reported, new stuff has now come to Google Search Console’s messaging. Google announced a new method for viewing messages in Google Search Console. You can now access these messages in the bell icon at the top right, it will have a red indicator when there are new messages for you to view. You can even view the messages by category.
- GoogleBot Hits Tel Aviv
Here is a photo from John Mueller of Google who brought his 3D printed GoogleBot to Tel Aviv, Israel. It is the Google Webmaster Conference in Tel Aviv, so I suspect he brought a handful of these to
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Genius sues Google and LyricFind alleging anticompetitive behavior and that song lyrics on its service were stolen, asking for over $400M in damages (@danideahl / The Verge) https://t.co/C9MUsmQyjC https://t.co/SOIvifF0lH, Techmeme on Twitter
- Mojeek gets investment, 100 new servers deployed, WebmasterWorld
- Google Spam & Hacked Machines, WebmasterWorld
- I chatted with the @ycombinator podcast about the early days of Google, and the US Digital Service: https://t.co/y6IRTHdIHt We’re looking for great product managers, engineers, and designers! Apply here: https://t.co/DhPlLOtRP2, Matt Cutts on Twitter
- Instagram Now Requires Birth-dates For Sign-ups, WebmasterWorld
- It’s not so much about parity (though that’s useful to know too), but more about understanding the whole web. For example, we wouldn’t realize that a site now has m-dot pages if we don’t check how a desktop user s, John Mueller on Twitter
- Optimization score now includes Display campaigns, Google Ads Help
- The top stories section is an organic search feature — not all pages show up there that’s normal., John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: email@example.com (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services