Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Search Buzz Video Recap: Google Indexing Bug, Google Search Podcasts, Evergreen GoogleBot, SEO, Google Ads, Maps & More
This week I mentioned the monthly Google webmaster report I posted. Google also had another indexing bug where it was not able to index new content for a 24 hour period, it does seem to be resolved now. Google updated its algorithm to show less…
- Google Indexing Bug Is Recovering
Yesterday, Google was not indexing new content from many sites – including this one, the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and many others. Google confirmed the issue but has not yet confirmed the indexing issues were resolved yet. It does seem to me that the indexing issues are indeed recovering.
- Google: When Linking Images, Make Sure There Is Alt Text On Images
Google’s John Mueller said in a video hangout this morning at the 1 hour, 5 minute mark, that when you link using images, make sure those images at least have some alt text on them. He said this would “to kind of give us the anchor text” for that link.
- Google Maps Adds AR & Travel Features & Will Guarantee Flight Prices
Google announced new Google Maps travel features and also promised to show you the best prices for that travel or your money back – this is no joke.
- Google My Business Missing Store Codes Widespread Bug
Tons of local SEOs are reporting seeing a notice in Google My Business for “missing store code” for listings. Justin Mosebach posted in the Local Search Forums “Just checked the dashboard in Google My Business this morning and noticed that all of the locations (for multiple clients) are suddenly missing store codes.” He is not alone, this is widespread.
- Google Adds Playable Podcasts To Search That Indexes Spoken Words Within Podcasts
Google announced yesterday that they have launched playable podcasts in the desktop and mobile search results that actually surface podcast episodes for words spoken within the podcast. So Google will not just show podcasts that match the title or meta data of the podcast but it can also surface podcasts where the audio has those words within the podcast.
- Goat Yoga At The GooglePlex
Did you know Google has goat yoga at the GooglePlex, Google’s main offices in Mountain View, California. I am not sure if this is a one off thing but I am seeing lots of photos on Instagram of goats a
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- So lots of buzz about Google tracking user purchases recently. See https://t.co/FKjNYahl5t for example. /1″, Pierre Far on Twitter
- The links report includes nofollow links by design., John Mueller on Twitter
- @jroakes It feels like the days of wrapping your whole page in a h1 are past, and many CMSs seem to do a good job with semantic headings, so I could imagine it’s actually pretty useful overall., John Mueller on Twitter
- Looks to me like Google is going more and more crazy with News oneboxes. I like it. #google #seo #mobile cc @rustybrick https://t.co/J9OCYaXvkm, Valentin Pletzer on Twitter
- Well, if it’s the same as other copies of the same hymn, why should it show in the search results?, John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: email@example.com (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services