Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google: Sponsored Content Needs Nofollow On External Links But Does Not Need Noindex
We know that it is okay to have sponsored content on your site, in fact, Google says in its news publisher guidelines is acceptable as long as it doesn’t exceed your primary content and is not mislead as editorial content. Google’s webmaster guidelines add that you need to nofollow links on content that is sponsored.
- Google: You Can Use Multiple Types Of Structured Data On Same Page
We know you can use different forms of markup types, like microdata, RDFa, or JSON-LD on the same page. Google also allows you to use multiple types of structured data on a page.
- Google My Business Adds New Service Options For Some Industries
Joy Hawkins posted in the Local Search Forums that Google has added, for some industries, new service options that these businesses can choose. She posted about plumbers, music schools, piano instructors, and more. Other local SEOs are seeing this as well.
- Google: XML Sitemaps Still Second Most Important Source Of URL Discover
Gary Illyes from Google confirmed that XML Sitemaps are still the second most important source Google uses to crawl and discover URLs. He confirmed this on Twitter the other day after someone quoted him as saying this back in 2014.
- Google Search Console API Removes App Indexing Features
This should come as no surprise, but Google has removed the app indexing features within the Search Console API. Google announced this on its blog the other day saying it “no longer support these Android app search appearance types.”
- Google Cambridge Office With Wise Owl Android Statue
Here is a photo from within the Google Cambridge / Boston office. This is of an Android statue or figurine. As you can see, this one is a wise owl, because hey – it is an academic town. Danny Sulli
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- 304 is suitable for appropriate if-modified-since requests; how you determine that is ultimately up to you., John Mueller on Twitter
- FYI, negative Local SEO appears to work very well. GMB has determined my big, expensive, real, physical office is a virtual office address., Joe Youngblood on Twitter
- If @Salon is syndicating from @RawStory and wants to help that publication, it could canonical to it, per our guidelines. Or @RawStory could insist that syndication partners, Danny Sullivan on Twitter
- The sitelinks search box is an organic search feature that has nothing to do with YMYL., John Mueller on Twitter
- We’ve been able to lift a few manual actions with just disavowing. But if you’re struggling to remove an unnatural links penalty, you likely will have to make legitimate efforts to physically remove some of the manipulative, Marie Haynes on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: firstname.lastname@example.org (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services