Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google’s Indexing Issues Continue But This One Is Different
Last night I reported that Google was having issues indexing new content again, yes – again. Danny Sullivan from Google said it seems like that was the case and said “We’ll post on @googlewmc if we confirm and have more to share.” Nothing was posted there – yet. But it does seem like indexing issues are happening for some sites – not all.
- Vlog #12: Greg Gifford On Local SEO, Google Posts & Google Q&A
In episode #12 of the vlog series at the Search Engine Roundtable I interviewed Greg Gifford (@GregGifford). Greg is the Vice President of Search at Wikimotive. He is well-known in the local SEO space and been doing local SEO for about 13 years…
- Google AMP Cache Pages Gets A New Share Icon
Andy Sternberg noticed that when you go to a Google AMP cache page, where it shows the google.com/amp cache URL and not your native URL, the share icon has changed. It is now showing the native sharing icon, as opposed to a drop down that shows you the site’s URL.
- Google UI Bug Drops URLs From Search Results Page
Olivier Kyte is in that Google search favicon desktop results test and he noticed that for some search result listings that the snippets are missing the URLs from showing up. Instead you just see a favicon, a hashtag and an arrow down.
- Google People Also View Images
Google seems to be testing the people also view carousel with images and icons in them. Here is a screen shot from Raman on Twitter that shows in the people also view carousel snippets the favicon, site name, title, description and an image. I don’t think I’ve seen images in the people also view snippets.
- Google Adds Delivery Icons To Local Pack
Google has added delivery icons to the local pack listings that Google can send searchers directly to an online delivery service. If you search for [McDonalds] you might be able to see it, here is a screen shot.
- Google’s John Mueller With Cheese
I believe it is known that John Mueller of Google likes cheese – it is also known that cheese and Switzerland kind of go together and that is where John is based. In any event, Gary Illyes from Googl
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
- Knowing which lever to pull: Creating SEO strategies that deliver ROI, State of Digital
- SEO Click Loss Angst!? SOLVED- Now Quit Whining & Get Over It, Aimclear
- 6 Content and Domain Migrations Happening in the UK Right Now, SISTRIX
- Excel Formulas for SEOs: Extracting URL Strings, Builtvisible
- FAQ, HowTo, and Q&A: Using New Schema Types to Create Interactive Rich Results, Moz
- How Google’s Entity Understanding Has Advanced [Case Study], RankRanger
- How Voucher and Comparison Platforms use Publishers to Generate Huge Google Reach, Search Metrics
- Why Google’s Knowledge Graph suffers from Human Bias, Dixon Jones
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: email@example.com (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services