Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google: Amazon Alexa Rank Does Not Impact Google Search
This is probably super obvious to most of you but this may be the first time I’ve heard Google comment about this. Amazon has this Alexa rank feature, they had it since like 1996, a super long time. Google’s John Mueller was asked if Google uses it for ranking sites and he obviously said no.
- Google’s Indexing Bugs Explanation Is A Weak Post Mortem
Yesterday Google posted an explanation or post mortem of the indexing issues the company has experienced over the past few months. I am happy the company posted something but to be honest, I find it to be a weak post mortem at best.
- New Google Ads Shopping Campaigns Optimization Score
Google Ads announced that shopping campaigns now also get an optimization score. Google said “We recently expanded the score to include Shopping campaigns – in addition to Search campaigns -to provide more, real-time recommendations for improving overall account performance.”
- New Issue Types Added To Google Search Console Rich Result Reports
Google has added new issue types to the rich results reports within Google Search Console. Specifically Google added product, Sitelink Searchbox, and unparsable types to this report. Google said “the ability to report on these issues is new; the issues reported may or may not be new.”
- Google’s GoogleBot Chinese Fan & Hat
Google is holding a Google Webmaster Conference in Vietnam today and it looks like they are giving out cool swag. Including these Chinese fans and hats, amongst other things.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- We are all pretty mystified alas. Did ping @rustybrick for consideration a while ago. If anything, we tend to line up 95% with Big Pharma. And we’re damn nuanced., Sol Orwell on Twitter
- @Examinecom @searchliaison @JohnMu Appreciate the feedback. I have passed it on. As the post explains, our updates are not focused on particular sites. I think your post understood that well. But we do keep looking to impr, Danny Sullivan on Twitter
- Average position sunset begins the week of September 30th, Google Ads Help
- Buying backlinks in 2019, WebmasterWorld
- Forcing In-feed, In-article, and Display ads to compete, WebmasterWorld
- I am employed once again! I start today as the News and Information Credibility Lead at Google, sitting within News Lab. The role is very exciting — and a little bit daunting!, Alexios on Twitter
- Often country-targeting maps to language-targeting, but not always :). Making good international websites is hard, we don’t get it right all the time either. I’d recommend spending a lot of time rese, John Mueller on Twitter
- Quality raters don’t rank websites., John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: email@example.com (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services