Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google: We Try Recognize Author Details, Reviewer Details & Overall Site Quality Details
Google’s John Mueller said in that video hangout at the 39:51 mark that Google does try to recognize “additional details about information about the author, information about the reviewers, about the website overall, through through a number of ways.”
- Vlog #9: Casie Gillette On The Search Community & Memorable Content
In episode #9 of the vlog series at the Search Engine Roundtable I interviewed Casie Gillette (@Casieg), the Senior Director, Digital Marketing at KoMarketing…
- Google Warns: Embedding Instagram Images Can Cause SEO Issues
Google’s John Mueller was asked about why a site saw a major dropping in image search traffic after embedding Instagram images on his site. John decided to test it and noticed that Instagram on the embeds use a no index robots meta tag, that tells Google that they don’t want those images indexed together with the page itself.
- Google Will Share More Details About Indexing Issues
Danny Sullivan from Google told me on Twitter that Google will share more details about the indexing issues, where Google was not able to index new content for about an 24-hour period. He said Google will post time frames and post notes about the impact in Google Search Console after Google does its internal assessment of the issue.
- Google My Business Edit Hotel Services & Amenities
Hotels can now edit its services and amenities in the “Hotel attributes” section of their Google My Business account. Google My Business was having issues with hotel edits earlier last week and it might have been related to this upgrade? In any event, now hotels can login to Google My Business to modify this data.
- Google Tests Infinite Scroll Search Results Interface Again
We’ve seen Google testing showing page two results and more on the first page of Google’s search results. More recently with the “more results” button on desktop (it is live on mobile). But also just plain old-fashion infinite scroll. Here Kiran posted a screen shot of an infinite scroll interface with a Google colored divider that shows page two results.
- Jamaican Googler – Jamooglers T-Shirt
Here is a t-shirt I found on Instagram for Jamooglers, Jamaican Googlers. It was posted by Stevie Rich from inside the Google New York City offices. I know there are lots of groups like this within
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Facebook Offers Millions of Dollars For News Content, WebmasterWorld
- Lots of sites have first page search results; that doesn’t mean they’re perfect., John Mueller on Twitter
- TBH I don’t think that’s very useful overall. If you need something removed from search results urgently (aka can do a manual request), I’d just use the URL removal tools. “Forcing” a single URL to, John Mueller on Twitter
- A minor late-July update to Google’s structured data documentation has them – in reference to #schema.org use – replacing occurrences of “field” with “property”. Minor, but I do appreciate Google making a concerted effort t, Aaron Bradley on Twitter
- No, that’s not correct., John Mueller on Twitter
- The Reddit bot pops up when you post a Google AMP link on a sub. Spot on. https://t.co/dMOOSCq67I, Stephen Davies on Twitter
- We don’t use the “lang” attribute, if that’s what you’re asking. I believe Bing uses it though, John Mueller on Twitter
- We don’t use them, others might, and they don’t cause any problems for us if they’re used., John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: email@example.com (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services