Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- April 2019 Google Webmaster Report
This may have been one of the busiest months for Google SEO related topics we’ve seen maybe ever? We had several unconfirmed Google updates but also a big core update confirmed by Google on March 12th. Google keeps dropping features from the old Search Console and adding new ones to the new Search Console. Google doesn’t support rel=prev/next, stopped supporting the info command and is testing a new icon based search results design.
- Google Image Search Tests New Preview Screen Again
Google is once again testing a new user interface for the image search preview image window. This is similar to previous tests but this one takes the right hand window look and keeps the black background interface versus the white background interface.
- Google Video On Making React Web Apps Search Engine Friendly
- Google Said Their Speed Update Resulted In A Faster Web
Google has posted on their webmaster blog that the results of announcing and launching a new algorithmic ranking factor – the Speed Update, resulted in an overall faster web. Google said they “observed improvements on many pages across the web” in terms of speed of slower sites.
- Hugh Masekela, South African Trumpeter Gets Google Doodle On 80th Birthday
Today on Google’s home page on most Google.com home pages is a special Google logo, a Doodle, for the South African trumpeter – Hugh Masekela. He was born on April 4, 1939 in Witbank and passed at the age of 78 on January 23, 2018 in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Instagram Model In Google G Logo Apparel
Okay, maybe this guy isn’t an Instagram model – I have no idea but he is showing off the G, Google logo, apparel in this photo. He got the t-shirt, the jacket and the umbrella.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Nah…, John Mueller on Twitter
- “Coming Soon” locations and reviews, Local Search Forum
- A trailing slash – eg, https://t.co/X8fnXafatE vs https://t.co/pl2RiEcv3E – does make a different URL, so they could be indexed individually. Trialing slashes make a difference, when it’s not just the domain name.… https://t., John Mueller on Twitter
- At some point we’ll have to migrate these things to the newer Google API infrastructure. I don’t know when that will be, but APIs can change over time, even if the functionality were to stay the same.… https://t.co/415ArDDgrb, John Mueller on Twitter
- So long, farewell, AdSense, goodbye, WebmasterWorld
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: email@example.com (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services