Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Earnings Show Paid Click Growth Declining With Cost Per Click
Most Google earnings report show how the cost-per-click, the amount an advertiser pays when someone clicks on their search ads, have been getting less expensive. But most of those earnings have shown growth in terms in the number of clicks ads in general are getting. Well, not this past earnings report, which showed a 9-percent decrease in paid clicks from Q4 to Q1.
- Give Google Feedback On The Future Of The Disavow Link Tool
Last week we reported that Google is still undecided on the future of the disavow link tool. This came up on Reddit and John Mueller from Google asked Reddit users for feedback on how they see the future version of the disavow link tool would look like in the new Google Search Console.
- Google Works To Fix How Many Legs Horses & Snakes Have
For the past few days or so, folks on social media are going a bit nuts about how Google doesn’t know how many legs a horse or snake have. If you try to Google it, Google will tell you horses have six legs and snakes have four legs – this is no joke.
- Google: Search Console Backlink Report Only Report Not Fully Fixed Yet
I asked Google for an official update on the Search Console status, since we reported yesterday that it appears most of the reports are back to normal. Shortly after Google posted on Twitter saying that all the reports are back to normal minus the backlink report that “still needs some time to update.”
- Google Search Snippets With Image Collage Carousel
We know Google has image carousels in some of their search results snippets, that isn’t new. But is showing a collage of images a new feature in this image carousel? Here is a screen shot from Mordy Oberstein as he posted it on Twitter.
- Google Broccoli – How Colorful
Only Google can make broccoli look yummy and colorful. Well, maybe not only Google but hey. Here is a photo from Instagram showing that at the Google Dublin office they had a Google Green Market day.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Any time you’re creating multiple URLs for the same content you’re adding complexity that may or may not work as you’d like. My recommendation would be to try to avoid that and just use one URL per piece of content as much as p, John Mueller on Twitter
- You’re a good man, Bill. I got burned out years ago with blogging. Now I prefer video or audio, and then transcribing / editing into a post. Those days of waking up at 5 am to get the scoop and doing multiple posts took their tol, Loren Baker on Twitter
- It’s essentially a redesign, keeping the old URLs makes everything much easier. However, if the site changes (often it’s the layout and/or internal links), then that new state will be reflected in search over time, which might, John Mueller on Twitter
- Stopping Search Engine Bots From Eating Up My Bandwidth, WebmasterWorld
- The neat thing about the new URL inspection tool is that you can see the indexed version as well as run a live-test for the current live version. It’s a bit different, but there’s a lot included which you couldn’t see in the o, John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: firstname.lastname@example.org (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services