Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Explains 301 Redirects Are Not Links But…
Google’s John Mueller said that while 301 redirects are not seen by Google as links, the links pointing to the redirected page can pass through to the destination page. But 301s are primarily used for canonical purposes by Google he said.
- Google Trick For Sites Not Ready To Be Listed In Google
I’ll start off by saying I wouldn’t necessarily classify this as a trick but John Mueller of Google called it a trick. If your site gets indexed and ranks in Google but you aren’t ready for that to happen, you can use the site-removal tool in Search Console to remove it and then cancel that request when you are ready to have it show back up in Google.
- Google Tests Icons In Search For Maps, Images, Videos & Top Stories
Last week we reported that Google was testing a new top bar with icons next to the search filters for maps, videos, images, etc. Now I am seeing additional reports of Google testing the icons not just in the search bar but also in the search results page.
- Google Expands AMP Stories To Google Arts & Culture
Google’s Satyajeet Salgar posted on Twitter that the Google search team launched a new feature with the Google Arts and Culture to bring their content to the AMP Stories format in search. AMP stories launched over a year ago to provide a more interactive experience in search around certain knowledge panels.
- Google Search Console Enhancement Reports Data Change
Google posted on the data anomalies page for the Search Console tool that “for most enhancement reports, data is now being collected from more pages than previously reported. Because of this, you might see an increase in issues and affected items/pages on these reports.”
- Google Festivus Conference Room
Did you know that Google’s New York City office has a conference room labeled “Festivus” – if not, you shouldn’t be surprised. If you search for [festivus] all year round, you get the festivus pole in
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- schema.org v3.5 released https://t.co/o1pCfYHcfn @danbri…, Aaron Bradley on Twitter
- Facebook Could Pay Publishers For News Content, WebmasterWorld
- Following my announcement of search project. Do you know that it is extremely easy for us to detect PBNs (unlike for some other crawlers, e.g. Googlebot, he he)? Most of them are blocking our crawler so we don’t even need, Dmitry Gerasimenko on Twitter
- Google is not showing aggregate rating on SERP, Local Search Forum
- No, feel free to use the privacy settings as you want them.…, John Mueller on Twitter
- No, just because they’re listed doesn’t mean they’re important.…, John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: email@example.com (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services