Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google: Some Other Google Bugs May Be Related To The De-Indexing Bug
It seems like the past month or so has been a tough one for the Google engineers. We have seen bug after bug, many we haven’t even covered yet over here. The question is, are they related and when will most of them be resolved. Of course, one thing we can expect, mistakes will happen in the future.
- Google: No, You Can’t Force Someone To Link To You Legally
Back in December we reported that Google updated their link schemes guidelines to disallow “requiring a link as part of a Terms of Service, contract, or similar arrangement” to link to you with a do-follow. The topic came back up when SEO personality Rand Fishkin said he thinks all websites should put a clause in their TOS requiring do-follow links when being quoted.
- Google Fixing Another Indexing Bug With Google News
Google said yesterday they are aware of an indexing bug impacting a limited number of publishers and they are working to fix it. It seems like the fix has been rolling out, although Google has yet to confirm this issue has been resolved yet.
- Google AMP Now Can Support Real Publisher URLs
We knew this was coming and at the AMP Conference in Tokyo, Google announced support for publishers to use their own URLs when serving AMP pages in Google search. This is powered through signed exchanges and supported with more modern browsers.
- Google My Business Rolling Out Short Names & URLs
Google My Business is rolling out a new feature to let businesses define their short name and URLs within Google My Business. This way you can when you share your short name, customers can enter the short name URL in the browser’s address bar, like “g.page/[yourcustomname]”, to go directly to your Google business profile.
- Google NYC Deck View
Here is a photo I found on Instagram from the Google NYC office, where it seems a fashion or beauty expert named Maiana Bonotoo is looking out from the Google office from one of the decks. I didn’t r
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
- Check out the Google Assistant talks at I/O 2019, Google Developers Blog
- Google is making it easier than ever to get cricket updates via Google Assistant, Android Central
- New research shows how Android helps companies build a digital workforce, Google Blog
- AMP Conf 2019: Successful web experiences for everyone, The AMP Blog
- Google to police new app developers more closely, BBC News
- Here’s yet another way to add Google Assistant voice control in your car, Mashable
- How to keep Alexa, Cortana, Siri, Google Assistant, and Bixby from recording you, VentureBeat
This marketing news is not the copyright of Scott.Services – please click here to see the original source of this article. Author: email@example.com (Barry Schwartz)
For more SEO, PPC, internet marketing news please check out https://news.scott.services
Why not check out our SEO, PPC marketing services at https://www.scott.services